POLITICS Ukraine

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Thought you were replying to the troops in a real bind in Dnieper

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There's not going to be a peace settlement any time soon as Ukraine smells blood and, justly, wants all of their stolen territory back from Russia, including Crimea. Putin is deep in the final stages of dictatordom where he has become irrationally and maniacally devoted to his preservation and indifference towards his own people while delusionally dreaming of his lasting glory through empire. The only real hope is the Russian people demanding an end and rebelling against Putin, which is unlikely.

The idea Russia and Putin still have supporters, even in simply the "peace advocates" who try to advocate, or even shame, Ukraine to settle for peace is disturbing, though not surprising in this age. Quite frankly, we are living in a decidedly dangerous time as the old paradigms of the Cold War has been replaced by a much more real global threat of authoritarianism.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    tvolsfan, A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Shoo-wee. Nobody (well almost nobody) in the western world likes what Russia is up to right now, but let’s not rattle cages like this. Why play nuclear Russian Roulette with a dying madman who feels cornered, paranoid and indifferent to the fate of humanity?

4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Russian intelligence deserves a gold medal for making the world believe they had new armor that could go punch for punch with the current iterations of M1/Challenger/Leopard/LeClerc.

Heck, in 2002 we watched videos of the T-90 and were awe struck, then came the Black Eagle and the T-14, etc. Western AT weapons have won the day, but Ukrainian tankers and scouts are still cleaning the table off easily with more or less the same equipment.

I feel for the Russian paratroopers tasked to cover the retreat across the Dnieper. Its easy for us to say "give it up" but these units are commanded by the John Boltons of Russia, not the sensible military types

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Utterly terrifying. Him saying Russia using a tactical nuke would almost certainly lead to an “Armageddon” nuclear war is horrifying. There has to be a better response to Russia in the event they actually do use a tactical nuke than to start an all out nuclear war. I pray to God I’m wrong, but this is not the ideal President that may very well be tasked with making the most important decision in human history.

All we can do is hope and pray for those who subscribe to a higher power. [uck fay] politics, this transcends everything. May God Bless America and God bless our President. May wisdom and sanity prevail.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/06/politics/armageddon-biden-putin-russia-nuclear-threats/index.html

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can't be serious. If he says anything else, he'd be inviting Russia to use tactical nukes. And you would be freaking out for him being soft.

If you are serious, know that your politics are clouding your read on this and the dod is right there at the wheel. Biden isn't going to do anything they don't endorse.

I say this with the confidence of us being dead if I am wrong. House money!

SetVol13, tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It’s horrifying rhetoric regardless. Has nothing to do with politics.

But fine say that if you must, however in the event Putin does the unthinkable, it better damn well be a bluff on our end that we would actually respond by hurling nukes back at Russia thus ensuring the end of humanity as we know it. Escalation to all out nuclear war is an unacceptable outcome.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I bet you 100 bucks

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We don't, IP is $100 richer. We do, no one needs $100.

#winning

IP and ole_orange like this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

What are we even betting exactly? That the world doesn’t spiral into nuclear world war? And how do I collect if you are wrong? We would be dead. Incredibly one sided and unfair bet. Not to mention the sheer insanity of betting on something as awful as that. [uck fay]ing weird ass proposal assuming you are being serious

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Such a ridiculous proposition lol

Nevermind the fact why on Earth would I bet in favor of the extinction of humanity? That’s not the point of betting. Be like if my siblings and I placed bets with each other on how our parents are going to die one day. Like what the sick twisted [uck fay]?!

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I still wish we had a president that wasn't beating the odds just by waking up every morning to make these decisions for our country/world/the human race.

ole_orange likes this.
  13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

We Gen Xers grew up with the threat of nuclear holocaust. It sounds cold, but I've moved beyond the panic. I don't believe it happens, but if it does we will have earned it.

SetVol13, tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Well, shit.

I don't understand the "THIS WAR IS A FRONT FOR MONEY LAUNDERING GOD DAMNED BIDENS AND CLINTONS"

Also, eastern europe is corrupt as a rule, no surprises. Am I a fan of tit for tat foreign policy, no. But I have friends who are Ukrainian and like that Javelins are on their side.

SetVol13 and tvolsfan like this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

No we have not earned a nuclear holocaust. Cynical, nihilistic crazy mentality to hold. As a millennial I wholeheartedly reject your premise. Us young ones have not done shit to deserve a fate where our skin melts off of our bones.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can't get anything by you

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Grew up with it a little, and am keenly aware of the climate change cliff we are throwing ourselves off anyway.

NorrisAlan and gcbvol like this.
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Clearly. So you were trolling?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Totally. What's our defense budget again?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. You voted for and pine for a pov that thumps their chest at building up the nuclear arsenal. Where do you think nuclear hocausts come from? You heard Trump talking on nukes?