POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think referring to registered asylum seekers as "illegal immigrants" is the most obvious example of media bias ever. They're basically working for the GOP with that stuff.

Unimane likes this.
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Biden’s DOJ purposely isn’t working on it because it’s being handled by a Trump appointed US attorney in Delaware and not Garland in order to avoid conflict of interest, which is how it should be. It’s also what should have happened in the Trump case regarding federal documents with his own appointee making judgments and Clarence Thomas with January 6th conflicts with his wife. I do find this leak timing pretty interesting, especially with it likely being a source from the FBI, which I had been recently informed was controlled by Biden and Democrats.

As far as Hunter goes, I hope he gets a fair trial and penalties if there are any convictions in his future.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
    IP likes this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I think there is a chance it could be political optics gamesmanship by the FBI. If you are about to pop Trump-a move that will without doubt enrage half the country-wouldn’t it be smart to first go after the crimes against the son of Biden? Of course that’s not how things are “supposed” to work. But everyone knows the FBI cares deeply about public perception of any perceived biases. I wouldn’t put it past them using Hunter Biden’s case as means to setup the indictment of Trump, as messed up as that logic is.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

They could be cell mates.

5. Unimane

They didn’t just start investigating Hunter, though. These things take a lot of time, probably more so for such a prominent case. A portion of the country is going to be enraged their cult of personally figure is going to be indicted anyway, so I don’t know how much this would mitigate their fury over Trump. In the end, it’s speculation outside of the knowns.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It wouldn’t mitigate the outrage at all. But at least the FBI can argue to the public “hey of course we aren’t politically biased, I mean after all we prosecuted the son of Trump’s chief political opponent for his crimes first.” And yes it’s nothing but pure speculation, but I wouldn’t put it past the FBI for factoring in the impending Trump decision with how the Hunter Biden case is ultimately handled. Of course it shouldn’t be like that, but the FBI has a lot of power to make up rules as they see fit.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I could see Biden’s final act in office being a pardon of both his son and Trump in an attempt to lower the temperature in American politics assuming both are ultimately indicted and convicted of crimes.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's a second termer.

9. Unimane

I think that would have the opposite effect.

tvolsfan, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea probably right. Could still foresee Biden convincing himself it would be both personally beneficial and help this country not further tear itself apart. Just a theory. Plus that’s the thing about Presidential pardons, it’s not like anyone can do anything about it. Presidents have absolute unchecked power there.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The absolute last thing we need are any more pardons of former Presidents.

tvolsfan likes this.
  12. Unimane

The only scenario where no one is pissed off is if Hunter Biden is convicted. No one on the left truly gives two shits about him either way. Trump's deal is a no-win, but the prudent thing is to let that criminal face the music, for once.

tvolsfan likes this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The current figurehead of the Left Joe Biden would be pissed off and certainly gives two shits about his own son. His opinion of Hunter Biden would be all that matters in that scenario.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Only thing I care about regarding Hunter Biden is wondering why he felt the need to record all his stuff. Pretty much makes him a dumbass.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Crackheads are generally not real smart people.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well pardoning him would destroy Joe biden's legacy.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He’s a literal crackhead. Rational decision making isn’t common for those on crack.

18. Ssmiff

true but there are crackheads who would even say “turn off the [uck fay]ing camera”

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Would he even care? He will likely be dead within 5/10 years upon leaving office anyways. Never underestimate what a father will do for his own son.

Also if he ends up being credited with saving the world from nuclear Armageddon it wouldn’t matter. That would be his lasting legacy

20. Ssmiff

Matter of fact, how many crack deals are going down tonight and hooker rentals and how many will video the events on their cell.