POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

had the same reaction. "ya. But which one? But ya."

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Nothing quite like some October surprises on the heels of an election. A tradition as American as baseball and apple pie.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You can count on a few things in a given election cycle: October surprises, rising gas prices, and the most toxic ads imaginable.

ole_orange likes this.
  4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He scored a bunch of touchdowns. Clearly he is qualified.

ole_orange likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Only thing that matters ultimately imo. Give that man a seat in the Senate and let him do whatever he wants.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The Dems should counter the current Rep trend of trotting out famous names being on a ticket by recruiting Judge Judy to run for high office. Reps wouldn’t know what hit them

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Lebron James will be there guy.

ole_orange likes this.
  8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

A Lebron/Oprah ticket would be unstoppable

zehr27 likes this.
  9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Lol. "We" were worried (still are) about the same shit when I was a young whippersnapper. The "worth a shit" has been in steady decline.

NorrisAlan and zehr27 like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Biden to pardon all federal simple marijuana charges. That is a good thing, IMHO. Time to decriminalize this stuff completely.

SetVol13, VolDad and Unimane like this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Taking quite a bit of action:

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ben Sasse stepping down from Senate to become President at Florida.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Isn't this kind of weird?

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not really. He's been a university President before, and I get the feeling he's fed up with current DC climate. Top 50 school, it makes sense to me.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just awful lot of work to be a senator, and leave after 2 years.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's a much different GOP now. He seems to me a more traditional conservative and there's really no place for them anymore.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

SetVol13, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The feigned shock by the media about how many GOP nominees deny that Biden fairly won election is hilarious, knowing that the same media is fully aware that Democrats helped fund a lot of those candidates to get them the nominations.

Possibly the most obvious example of media bias ever. They’re basically working for the Democratic Party with this stuff.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

How many people are actually imprisoned for simple marijuana possession on the federal level? Do we have specific numbers? Because I can’t find anything concrete on the internet about specifics. Regardless I guess that’s something. Good to see Joe, the godfather of the 94 crime bill that championed the prison industrial complex and disproportionately locked away poor people of color, finally take positive action in his career with the war on drugs.

I wonder if Kamala had his blessings on this given her prosecutorial record of pursuing the imprisonment of folks for marijuana offenses.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp