POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

Also, it is a state with grown men and women barking at other grown men and women.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Because he is a folk hero in the state of GA whose name alone makes many Georgians feel warm and fuzzy? The same way Peyton Manning would probably win a state wide election in Tennessee if he were to ever run for high office. Hell, Knox county elected a WWE star to be their mayor. Popularity goes a long way in politics.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, this isn't good for him.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, this is straight out of the onion. I am not opposed to voter id if the state makes them free and easily obtainable.

But making your own kind of defeats the purpose.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The collapse of Stacey Abrams in GA is interesting. Still a month away, but polls are looking bleak for her. Data shows she is simply not garnering enough support from black male voters to carry her across the goal line. She has run a very bad campaign. Kemp is pulling away despite being decreed an enemy by Trump. Perhaps people just don't care much for election deniers like Trump and Abrams.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Alabama politics being a [uck fay]ed up shit show is a tale as old as time.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

As for Walker vs Warnock, one positive thing that I feel like is being overshadowed by the intense rhetoric of a crucially important election that could determine the balance of power in the Senate: two African Americans are competing for a Senate seat from the state of Georgia. Pretty damn historic considering the state. Something you couldn't even fathom ever happening when both of these candidates were born.

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Frankly I’m concerned about this becoming a trend. Tommy Tuberville and now Herschel Walker if he wins. Why should big money interests bother with a real candidate when they can just trot out a former coach/athlete/entertainment figure and own the seat?

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It gives her what she craves; money, power, attention.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sounds like she needs a good hug and a cold bucket of ice water

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Call me cynical but people worth a shit are going to be less and less interested in running for office as time goes on

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe that's already happening

13. JohnnyQuickkick

It is. It’s just going to get worse. If you were worth a shit would you want to go deal with those morons?

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

been that way for awhile with politicians. Even back in the day for Maximus. He didn’t want the power, which is why Marcus Aerelius told him he must have it. Look at me, egomaniac, power hungry, greedy psychopaths make up our political system. We wonder why Americans are pitted against each other daily And we allow them to keep doing it.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

I definitely think it’s always drawn that sort.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He won a national championship there

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Walker is what happens when you base everything on "electability" and nothing on qualifications.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

guy is clearly nuts

utvol0427 likes this.
  20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Herschel or his son? Because, yes to both.

droski likes this.