Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I have to think this season has been a financial windfall for the university and this, plus more willing donors, would be very happy to make significant contributions to the coaches' bank accounts.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I don’t understand un
    Why do I need to set aside his personal politics?

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Because people possess political biases and persuasions that can affect their overall opinion of an individual. And folks should compartmentalize whatever they may think (positively, negatively, or indifference) of both his previous life as a politician/local celebrity entrepreneur and any potential future political/business aspirations with his service to our University.

4. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

*if* we're going to lose one, the UGA game is the one to do it.
    .. let UGA take on bama in the seccg and beat them for their 2nd loss.
    SEC puts an undefeated team and a 1-loss media darling in the playoffs.

... and, quite frankly, that's the exact same scenario for UGA.
    The loser of this game is going to end up #3 or #4 at the end of the day... depending maybe on the closeness of the score.

Winner plays Bama in the SECCG and loses, and that's that three, 1-loss teams scenario that I don't be liking very much.

that said, i do like the notion of just winning out.

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

But you said if you can set aside as if you are assuming that has any impact at all. It shouldn’t and if it shouldn’t then no need to mention.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

No, it shouldn’t matter. Perhaps it could for others. Hence me mentioning, briefly. By far the most unimportant part to the overall theme of my appreciation post of Boyd’s UT presidency

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

What we are seeing this year is the equivalent of Usain Bolt inviting everyone to a track meet.

Good luck, kid.

UGA's two best receiving threats are TE's.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Like Benjamin Button in reverse

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Georgia opens as a 9-point favorite, which is the same as Alabama was three weeks ago (despite this one being a road game—that’s how much our perception has changed since then). We’re not likely to win, but that’s well into “Georgia is worried about us” territory. There’s absolutely a path to victory.

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

02 and 06 and same

justingroves likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The only time I’ve come reasonably close to killing another human being was in Athens in 06

justingroves likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee received 3 million in anonymous donations during Bama week.

I did a paper, in 2008, for a class that showed the economic impact of a good football team. It was over a million dollars a game then in revenue. Knoxville and UT have completely revamped since then, I imagine it's more. I can't remember the exact number of out of state applicants, but it was 5 figures when Tennessee was ranked in the top 25.

Tennessee athletics, especially football, gives this University its personality

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's the lawn and front porch.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate Athens.

VOLinDAWGland and Volgrad98 like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I argued daily with a professor about that. I told him, for better or for worse, more people knew about Tennessee because they beat Alabama at football instead of cancer research.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Kirby tweeting and begging ga fans to be loud. Nervous

thagodfather and utvol0427 like this.
  18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

98 here. 18 year old me versus a 50 year old man. And I was ready to roll.

justingroves likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I punched a Tennessee fan in Neyland at the 05 UGA game. He left in handcuffs, good times.

20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Definitely scared if he's telling fans to be loud. That's something that should not need to be said or brought attention to, it should be expected. I really hope WGWTFA.

thagodfather and NorrisAlan like this.