Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

A brief summary -

r/rolltide: “why does r/cfb hate us?”

[Proceeds to do their entitled Alabama thing in all the threads]

[Calls the whole of r/cfb jealous virgins]

r/cfb: Yeah seriously [uck fay] Alabama

r/rolltide:

[​IMG]

IP, Volsdude and zehr27 like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

running qbs give bama and ga trouble. Auburn did same thing to Ga and had a chance to win. Point was FSU isn’t a threat at running or passing from qb position.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Don’t say “tuddies”

justingroves likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Texas absolutely deserves to be in the playoff, but not sure what point Texas being more dominant on the field yesterday is supposed to prove. One team played one of the most talented teams in the country on a winning streak spanning two years and the other played a team that lost by 26 at home to a 6-6 South Alabama and by 42 on the road against a 6-6 UCF. Texas was more dominant because they played a bad football team yesterday.

The SEC is not close to being as dominant as they usually are, but you could still make a strong case that they are the best P5 conference this year. I'd say the Pac-12 is the only other conference that could make a claim as being the best.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

man I’m just making a bunch of points which the committee will discuss. Take it out on them.
    I don’t see an issue with looking at a hypothetical game to see who they think is better when trying to find best 4.
    No bama wasn’t very impressive this year. FSU with their qb is likely favored. FSU without qb likely double digit dog.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If Florida State isn’t in, they should decline their bowl game.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Texas struggling yesterday would have helped make the case for Alabama to leap them. Imagine the Longhorns needing a desperation one-in-a-million 4th and 31 to survive Oklahoma State…or, I dunno, a team even worse than Oklahoma State.

But the last impression we have of Texas is a dominant performance over a ranked opponent. From bell to bell, it was never close. There’s no dropping a team that just won its conference championship game by 30 points.

IP, tvolsfan, gcbvol and 1 other person like this.
  8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So you are saying Oregon over Bama.

IP likes this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Fritz it is. Good hire.

10. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It should be:

Michigan
    Washington
    Florida St
    Texas

Texas beat Alabama so they shouldn't sneak in. And Georgia has now lost to Alabama who in turn lost to the Longhorns so they should be out as well. Of course, I'm sure this will not at all be how it will shakes out given the moving target that is the pre-reqs list that the committee seems to have.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

justingroves likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're the same people.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is no joke:

I used to work at a distribution center in Blount County back in the early 90s. I was in the break room and two guys were sitting there discussing what was in the Journal. Some guy had been arrested and tried and convicted of attempted murder for stabbing his girlfriend 22 times. He got 10 years I think, cannot remember.

Anyway, they were shaking their heads in disbelief, and I thought to myself "they, too, must be incredulous at the soft sentence" and one of the guys says:

"10 years? That is crazy. It isn't like he killed her." And he was dead serious.

That tweet reminds me of that story.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  15. NorrisAlan

One thing for sure, this will be the highest rated selection show, probably ever.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. NorrisAlan

Damn, last year was fun.

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

and Texas’ head to head case is considerably stronger than ours was.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

These are alleged professionals, and they have no critical thinking skills.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

How is Bama over FSU not tarnishing the entire legitimacy of the regular season? May as well get as easy of a schedule as possible. May as well rely on preseason rankings. Because it sure wouldn't matter if you were undefeated and ranked ahead of the other team for weeks if you can just get jumped even while winning.

They should of had FSU outside of the top 4 and below Bama if this is how it is goinng down. He's got this twisted.