Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I suppose

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So looks like bama ends up playing v 5 top 25 teams going 4-1 with SEC title. Ga, UT, LSU, ole miss, Tx.
    FSU goes 3-0 v top 25 and ACC title. ND, Duke, Louisville.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

But there have been playoff rankings for weeks that had FSU well ahead. And they've done nothing but meet expectations despite crippling injuries.

4. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

If Georgia and Alabama are both left out I’m taking a Monday off just to enjoy the day

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They had 1 common opponent and FSU beat that team on a neutral site by more than Bama did at home. They should be in over Bama.

IP likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

In terms of what actually happens, I think there is an equal chance that both Bama and UGA are in the playoffs, as both are out.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. Volsdude

I think Norvells daughter is having a panic attack on stage

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

UGA has no chance. If they tell Bama to [uck fay] off (which I don’t expect) my heart will grow like the Grinch’s did.

Volsdude likes this.
  9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

We’re debating Bama/FSU, is it out of the question that they leave Texas out in favor of Bama despite the head to head win?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just don't know how you can justify it given the rankings going in

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They should be punished for not even starting their season until November. Their schedule was one of the most shameful I’ve seen from an SEC school in many years. They put this one themselves where a loss in December would kill their chances. [uck fay] them. You haven’t lost a game in nearly two years. Play someone.

Memtownvol and 10SEvols like this.
  12. Ssmiff

knocking off top dog?

13. Volsdude

They could end up screwing Texas, but texas had a tougher SOS and beat them by 10 in TTown so that would be absolute horse shit. But they’ve fed it to us before.

14. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

If Texas had won at home, maybe. They won at Bama, which makes it a much better win. And honestly, if you watched Ewers today he would carve up Bama again

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Committee was asked about head to head win and they said it absolutely plays a huge role and it doesn't matter what week in the season it happened.

OneForVol likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is this simple: everyone in the top 4 was in with a win. That is the implication of the rankings and the entire point of sharing them.

Everyone else needed help, with more help needed the further out you were. Georgia lost, Ohio state didn't play, and Texas won. Why should Bama skip in line? They made rankings. If Bama is in, the rankings are a lie.

17. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

A top dog that had a terribly easy schedule.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Texas already knocked off Bama. That is why they were ahead

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Georgia had to win.

Bama had to win and hope someone else lost.

This was not a controversial opinion 48 hours ago.

20. Ssmiff

One team is gonna be quite upset