New NCAA Investigation…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JT5, Jan 30, 2024.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

NSFW language

NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

God that was a great movie that they could never make today

justingroves likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Didn’t realize Tom Mars was a part of this thing.

I’m not sure there’s a person on earth that wants to take the NCAA down more than him.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

How so?

I thought Mars went to work for NCAA about 4 or 5 years ago. Is he still with them?

I think I remember reading something where he was not happy with the new Transfer portal rules even though he was an athlete transfer advocate in his previous life (maybe cause he lost business?).

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is one of many licking their chops on this one.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

When it comes to Tennessee matters, Tenny and I are like the same person. It's eerie. I ALSO think Pat Forde should get [uck fay]ed!

NorrisAlan, PilotFlyingJ and VolDad like this.
  10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Oh that's a beaut

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

zehr27 likes this.
  12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Basilio just said on the basketball postgame that he doesn’t expect this to amount to anything. Says it will be in his blog and he will discuss it on tomorrow’s show.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Great, we're [uck fay]ed.

14. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

lol

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't want it to just fade away. I want blood. The accusation and the manner in which they put it out there is real damage to the brand and perception. We need compensation.

16. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Just my luck…

I suffer through 15 agonizing years, waiting on Nick Saban to retire, only for Tennessee to get the death penalty as soon as Alabama begins its decline.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm not sure it's going to be that easy. Level 1 allegations just don't usually get tossed.

tvolsfan and A-Smith like this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IMO this is not the NCAA we were raised fearing. Over the past few years they have become a tiger with no fangs or claws thanks to the 9-0 ruling in the Supreme Court, States passing laws, Expansion, NIL, Portal, etc.

zehr27 likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He is the Jim Cramer of UT sports predictions.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This isn’t fair at all. We’re just like everybody else trying to compete against the Bamas of the world and have a decent football program for the school, the fans, and the state. We are not doing anything different than anybody else. We weren’t doing anything different than anyone else in 2020 (other than having an idiot in charge of it.) The NCAA continuing to use us as a whipping boy again and again is just unconscionable.