Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Do the ladies have any shot of upsetting LSU today?

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I actually think they have a shot. Now I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but LSU, while still a very good team, has not been the dominant force most expected this year. They’ve lost to Auburn and Miss State on the road, both teams that are worse than UT.

I’m expecting a loss by about 6-8 points primarily because I don’t think we match up well with Angel Reese. But much stranger things have happened in college basketball this year than a win today would be.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Every time I watch the Lady Vols, I'm amazed at how terrible #15 is.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m at the in laws and they have it on. Every time I watch them, I’m amazed at how terrible women’s basketball is.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The women’s game in general has gotten a lot better in recent years. It’s just that Tennessee hasn’t.

Tar Volon likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Ehhh

7. Unimane

So, the Lady Vols fight back to within 1 point and #15 single handedly kills the rally with her defense and forcing of shots. Just poor play and coaching all the way around.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The way they’re boatracing Alabama, you’d think they’re a competent basketball team. Reality check tomorrow I suppose. Same time as the Kentucky game, so it’ll be easy to not watch.

9. Unimane

In the theme of the day, a bullshit shot costs the Lady Vols an historic win against an undefeated South Carolina. What an absolute shit day.

10. Unimane

Of course, the Ladies had to choke a couple of free throws to make it happen, too. Losers lose.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

How do you not play defense?

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Amazing

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And play zero defense. Zero. If you can play negative defense they played it.

utvol0427 likes this.
  14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

That giant SC center probably never made a 3 in her life until that. And she missed it 2 feet long but [uck fay]ing BANKED IT IN.

Cannot make this shit up, man.

Tar Volon likes this.
  15. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

That was the biggest shitstorm I've ever seen. Miss both free throws. SC has no timeouts and instead of letting them run up court scrambling and confused trying to chuck a Hail Mary you tell them to foul the girl. Then you not only don't guard the inbound you let that girl stand wide open and take a completely uncontested shot.

You can stick the statistics of what should be done in X situation up your ass. Their best bet was to let them chunk it from half court without a set play. And I don't give a tinkers damn if that girl had never hit a 3 in her life you can't just leave her wide open. How many assholes do we see every friggin year that have never played a second of basketball make half court shots for money or scholarships? I would expect any player on an undefeated and number 1 team is capable of making a wide open 3 pointer more often than not.

This was totally uncalled for with how it played out.

10SEvols likes this.
  16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Fouling was the right move. The problem is they should have fouled again they had a foul to give. But they just let the girl shoot completely without guarding her.

17. Unimane

I have no idea what Rickea Jackson was supposed to be doing on that last inbounds play. She wasn't on the passer, nor any other player.

18. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I know that in theory the first foul was the right move but we see all the time it backfires in that situation. I still think making them take a desperation 3 from nearly half court is a better bet.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Your 6th year senior PG doesn’t double-miss at the line with a chance to put it away and it doesn’t matter. That’s where the loss was earned.

Tar Volon likes this.
  20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

They had one of their faster players storming down the court with the ball getting ready to pull up and launch a 3. I'm definitely fouling her before she gets across half court. It actually worked out quite well. The worst 3 point shooter got the ball we just didn't guard her and she banked it in. But foul her with under a second left and then they have to catch and shoot. But...if you hit free throws we're not even talking about any of this.