Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Danny White needs to get Iowa on the schedule next year. Attendance at TBA has been awful since Pat left. Caitlin Clark deserves a chance to play in the building that built the sport before she graduates.

VolDad likes this.
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Harper may be the worst coach on the Hill. She is a less irritating Butch Jones with her 1 big win in 4 years record of mediocrity.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why did we play Memphis? We should not be playing Memphis in anything until they kiss Barnes' ring.

4. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Their coach, Alex Simmons, played at Tennessee.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kiss the ring

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And is from Shelbyville.

In state teams are always going to give you their best shot, but needing OT to beat Memphis is not good.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

MTSU beat Memphis by 20. And now the star player on the team is day to day with a leg injury ahead of an upcoming 4 game stretch against ranked opponents. “Not great, Bob!”

8. Unimane

The worst coach on campus.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Keep her indefinitely.

IP and utvol0427 like this.
  10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I think they pull the plug this year.

11. Unimane

We seem to have a penchant for keeping people around longer than they should. I'll bet she gets another year unless it really gets bad this year.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

First NET rankings came out today. They are 86th. So as things stand, they’re out of the tournament and not close to being in it. (The men’s team is 17th.)

I can’t imagine Harper being retained if this team misses the tournament. That’s never happened in the history of the program.

IP likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They are, at best, the 5th best women's program on campus right now. Probably lower.

14. Unimane

Watching the Lady Vols not get their ass chewed for lazy plays and lack of defensive and rebounding effort is still jarring to me. I was so conditioned by Summitt that I still almost expect the type of play and intensity she brought, which is, ironically, the complete opposite style and demeanor of the 3-time NC point guard Pat coached now in charge.

15. Unimane

Yeah, she's done. I don't know if she'll make it past the holidays.

SetVol13 likes this.
  16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The Holly Warlick Doomsday Clock is now the Kellie Harper Doomsday Clock.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This team would be a Q3 loss right now if someone played them at home and lost. Down to 96th in the NET today.

19. Unimane

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

She's building something here. Give her time.