The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If that woulda happened ‘98ish, my pager would’ve gone off and I’d be heading down to Vandy with a couple of XXXL tibial nails and equipment.
    If you haven’t seen femoral or tibial nails being inserted and extracted, you won’t believe it. Like something from GOT.

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Ugly shooting continues

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Man, Brown lost their first bid in nearly 40 years by clanging two late free throws and losing a man on defense to give up a buzzer beating 5 footer, losing by one.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Terrence Shannon Jr is Knecht like.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Auburn got a tough draw.

yont sum iss? likes this.
  7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

They got screwed. But if you’re good enough the draw doesn’t matter.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I hope Auburn, Alabama, and UAB all fly out to Spokane together

9. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

That’s not true.

10. HCKevinSteele

Which part

11. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

The draw doesn’t matter part. The draw is everything in the NCAA tournament.

12. HCKevinSteele

I didn’t mean it 100% literally. Obviously it matters. But at the end of the day you gotta beat whoever is in front of you no point in dwelling on who you draw too much. Auburn got hosed et I bet UConn doesn’t feel so lucky themselves knowing they may have to play them in the sweet sixteen.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yep. Hope he's not guilty or things are going to be really awkward for Illinois.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know what you mean. All this stuff gets interpreted retrospectively anyway. An upset here or there, suddenly it is a great draw.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, looking at everything, Auburn should be a 2 or a 3. Not sure how one can work out how there is definitely 12 teams better than them.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

2 quad 1 wins entering the sec tourney certainly didn't help.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the quad system is flawed and bullshit. It is just a way to justify screwing over smaller conferences. You think the Big 10 is really so great? They have a lot of Q1 winning teams!

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I really hope UCONN/Auburn happens. Looking at KenPom and Torvik, that’s a National Title level game that would take place in the sweet 16.

IP likes this.
  19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm just saying there's a huge gap in that win column between Auburn and the other upper seeds. I think its a useful measure at the top end and largely irrelevant after the first few seeds.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am, perhaps irrationally given they are the defending champs, skeptical of UConn.