The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get that, but there is also a huge gap in the metrics between them and the 3 seeds.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is all well and good but what is it we say about Auburn around here?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay] 'em.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So with a tight economy of course I buy a $500 square for tourney for first time ever. But got a bad draw with 8/8 meaning I need 68-58 or 78-68 in any game to win some $. Champ game pays 6k. Rationalized it by not going to Charlotte so I’m actually saving money honey

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I agree. I have them losing to Auburn in the S16. They’re good, but believe they have benefited from a rather weak Big East.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t believe in Auburn. Moron guards.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Yikes! I missed all that somehow. Them just playing him anyway is uh…something.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The story as I heard it a couple of months ago with Illinois' Shannon Jr guy was weird, though. The complaint was along the lines that he misrepresented himself? Like they thought he was a visiting football player and not a visiting basketball player? But that may be distorted through the lens of online discourse.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

He was originally suspended by the university. However, Shannon sued and the court ruled that Illinois violated their own policy by not following proper protocol. Court issued a temporary restraining order and he returned to the team. Now I assume that Underwood could have chosen not to play him, but obviously went the other direction.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They didn’t have a choice.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Once the court ruled in his favor, I think their hands were tied at that point. He had to play if he was healthy and available.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

That’s probably correct.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It's a cow college. No one should believe in anything they do.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Is Howard - Wagner the first ever NCAAT matchup that is retiring from your office later this year?

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Howard has a guy on their team that's older than Jayson Tatum. Wtf?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

1 pt game with 17 seconds left. Very exciting start.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Two decent looks and one they had to take. Can't ask for much more than that.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Kansas done early.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, gonna need someone else to knock out Purdue.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Damn Virginia is bad. Didn't belong in the tournament at all. Feel bad for the teams that didn't make it that actually know how to play the game of basketball.