The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

IP likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kansas got protected. Should have been a 5-4 break with 17 seconds left. Instead, an imagined foul.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Shit like this is why I don’t gamble.

CitrusCo.Vol and IP like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whenever I see #ibleedblue , all I can think is then bleed more. Bleed it all out. Keep bleeding. And do it loudly.

zehr27 likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Edit - I thought the cross court guy made it. No, the correct guy called it and that somehow makes it worse because he had a clear as day view of it.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Only reason he called it is the ks dude flung himself to the floor like an acrobat. He made the call on his body action. Of all the things to stop a game and review, they need an ncaa tournament rule in situations like this where an opportunity to win a game should be given and deserved because it was clean.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ask the player if he was fouled. Review. If he wasn't and lied then T him up.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Kansas player after the game said "I was definitely fouled". He's got a little bit of Flipowski in him.

IP likes this.
  9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Of course Jay Bilas was on ESPN this morning defending the officials. He takes hackery to entirely different level

zehr27, utvol0427 and IP like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

He also always protects big programs. Probably a business decision.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Not just big programs but officials as well. I remember way back in the day when Mick Cronin was still at Cinncy, there was an incident involving him and Ted Valentine. They got into an argument and “TV Teddy” stepped right into his space trying to intimidate him. It was so obvious that Valentine overstepped his bounds, that he even publicly apologized after the game. However, Bilas went on TV the next morning and criticized Cronin, basically placing all the blame on him for escalating the situation.

IP likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This is 90% of the problem with referees. A bunch of 20 year old kids had to get up there yesterday and answer questions about why they fouled or missed the shot or turned the ball over, but those guys never face questions and then hacks like Bilas defend them right after they get through ripping the kids.

SetVol13, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep. I understand there will be mistakes. Let's just be accountable.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

A simple "I [uck fay]ed up" goes a long way. Even if it can't change the past. Instead we treat officials as beyond reproach.

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

There is some terrible offensive basketball so far in this tournament.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's almost amazing just how clean that block is. There's no bend to it whatsoever. It's 100%, beyond a doubt, a clean block. Like, I can see why the guy thought it was a foul, but it's mindboggling that it's not reviewable.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Louisville already setting up the Yum Center for a press conference. Given that FAU lost today, maybe Dusty May is a good bet.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Never change Bruce

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That has to change. These guys make plenty of money, it's time to start imposing fines or allow video to turn over more calls. Pathetic

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't care much about basketball, but...

[uck fay] Auburn!

And lol Florida