POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Something like that would be a good start for sure.

justingroves likes this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I know people like apple products. I know people swear by the brand. I know they are pretty good products.

In the old days the folks who deemed themselves part of the "counter culture" thought they were making a statement to the Man. Little did they realize they were just excellently marketed to by the Man.

For me personally, I have never owned one, nor cared to own one (pc, phone, etc), primarily because of the monopolistic strategy.

So I ain't mad over the anti-trust suit. Applephiles will have a meltdown.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

There is actually a reason for the downgrade. iPhones speak to other iPhones over iMessage. Since iMessage is proprietary Android can't use it, and Apple doesn't want to implement RCS which is what Android phones use to talk to each other (most of the time). So messages between Apple and Android phones fall back to SMS, which caps images at under 1 MB in size. So any image sent between Android and iOS (regardless of the original sender) has to go through SMS meaning it has to be compressed to shit.

Now if you want to force iPhone to either open iMessage or force them to implement RCS in addition to iMessage that's one thing. But they aren't compressing images for no reason, it's a limitation of the protocol being used to communicate.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is intentional.

zehr27 and Poppa T like this.
  7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It's intentional from the standpoint they don't want to support RCS and want to use the "blue bubble" as a status symbol. But you see the same thing in text images between Android phones that don't support RCS, if an image is sent over SMS and it wasn't taken on a flip phone its gonna look like shit.

8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Meemaw, you need to get an iPhone then I can send you pix of your grandkids.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They have been pulling shit for years and getting away from it. Hell they openly steal other people's IP. I hope they get hammered.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Shew, his media person has some game.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's giving "Kim Jong-Il 11 hole-in-one" vibes.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Trump is a well known cheat at Golf, Life, etc.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Watch the John Daly video about him playing with ex presidents, Trump included. Its pretty funny. Clinton stories were the best though.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Just invite shitty golfers to your tournament, which is what he did, I'm sure

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not true. I wasn't there.

SetVol13 likes this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Stutter

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

"...which I have been over many many times when commuting from the state of Delaware either by train or by car."

When he commuted by car, he used it. He has used it many many times. He famously often took the train, it makes perfect sense he is mentioning that he commuted by car as well and when he did it was this bridge. Good grief. So hard up for the gaffs.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You would drink his bathwater

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I've crossed the Gay Street bridge several times in my life, either by car or by pontoon boat.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What size was the pontoon?