OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I mean, Eddie is still Eddie for sure but this new album is the best thing I’ve heard from them since Yield I think

And I thought Gigaton was real good

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Evenflow is the only word I understand in that whole song. Still like them, though.

InVolNerable likes this.
  3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Loved Backspacer, but haven’t listened to anything of theirs since then. I’ll try to check this one out.

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Check out Gigaton too. Very good album, but first listen this one is significantly better

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What tracks are the best of this new one?

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Early opinion? Scared of Fear, React Respond, Won’t Tell, Running

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So funny story, since we are on the topic

I’m at Vinyl Tap in East Nashville for Record Store Day this morning. Had been talking in this line to this cool gent that is a professor at a Nashville university, and he asked what I was looking for today. Told him about my weird prog metal stuff and then Bowie (which sold out before I got to the bin) and the Pearl Jam record. There’s a pleasant girl standing between us, but she isn’t terribly interested in whatever we talk about

We get to the bins and he hands me the PJ record and says “here you go man, last one”

So I take it, then look at her and say “hey, just to make sure since you were ahead of me, did you want this?”

She laughs and says “I don’t know who Pearl Jam is”

The [uck fay]?

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

She probably owns one their T-shirts and doesn’t even realize it. I’m also surprised that there’s enough demand for records you have to wait in a line like that.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh man, I stood in line for an hour and still missed one of the albums I wanted (out of 8 and I did get 7 so can’t complain)

It’s a big deal, especially in Nashville. The place I went, the whole block was doing stuff today and they actually closed the street around it. Live music, drinks, food trucks, vendors, the works.

There were absurd lines at the other two record stores in that area too with similar setups.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What kind of record player do you use? My wife bought me a decently expensive one several years ago and it didn’t last very long. I now use my grandmother’s that’s probably 40-50 years old. I’d like to get a new one, but worry about any modern one just being a lemon.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I use one of the earlier UTurn Orbits. I love it, but thinking of upgrading.

Dunno how much you would want to spend but

https://uturnaudio.com/products/orbit-custom

Recommend the cue arm at the least, you’ll probably need a preamp (I use a standalone). The one they sell is solid, but I don’t know your output setup. I’d probably do the electronic speed control too if I bought a new one, it wasn’t an option when I bought mine and changing the belt from 33 to 45 and vice versa is a pain.

I’ve been running mine for about 7 years now with regularity and the only thing I’ve needed to replace are the belts (cheap) and the cartridge (normal wear and tear replacement).

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There was supposed to be a group dance to Daughter at the girls competition today but they no showed. I was kinda bummed as I was very curious how they were gonna pull that off.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yep, I’ve given it one listen so far

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Like KPT, I do like the actual music, and his voice is melodious, but I'm not going to be capable of singing along much. At least not accurately.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Damn you. That's gotta be a HIPPA violation or something.

16. CardinalVol

I never said who the idiot was, idiot.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are the businesses along Alcoa highway raising hell about that construction yet? Seems like it killed most of them.

18. CardinalVol

What part? It's under construction from beginning to end.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Going to the airport from Knoxville. Everything is dead. Except the strip club.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I honestly just assumed none of those businesses individually or even as a group could stop that train.