Percent chance we get Gruden?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 12, 2017.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Miracle would have to happen.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

and beyond

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

0.000000000%

4. sbradle4

sbradle4 Member

Can we close this thread? Seriously.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

You don’t like their wings?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm still not sure I grasp why it's so impossible at this point. Gruden's position hasn't changed. When he said no one from UT has contacted me, it seems like that wasn't a lie. I think the Wednesday night meeting was primarily just boosters discussing what it would take to get him, realizing they could afford it, and assuming the deal would go through.

Well now Currie and Haslam's little secret project has been blocked, why can we not just go back to Tampa? Is everyone really going to sit by and allow dead man walking Currie to make some gutter scraping hire while Gruden basically asks for the job on radio shows ?

Daddy Gee likes this.
  7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Last I checked Currie is still AD and as long as he is he's not hiring Gruden with the Haslems involved. 0% chance. Time to move on.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

This is where I disagree. If (and it’s a big if), Gruden is possible, every Vols fan should know and know immediately. We can use it as leverage to remove the forces we don’t like. Keeping silent is as bad as sabotaging it in the first place.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    reVOLt likes this.
  9. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

That seems to be as good of an account of what happened as anything. A group of boosters informally contacted him with an expectation that the AD was behind them. Currie and Haslam did the end around on them, but thankfully that failed.

10. BigOrangeBeech

From a public standpoint, we'll never know because Gruden isn't gonna come out and actually say it. The best evidence we have a long those lines is the Stephen Hargis article where he interviewed Blackburn. I think the fan base made it known they wanted him hired by all the Grumors. Not sure what else we can do to voice that if it's possible that's what we want moving forward. If there's anyway it can happen, like i said, Currie will have to be gone, and I'm not sure how you oust the Haslams but that has to happen too.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

You’re correct, because clearly everyone is to scared to say anything. Fans get screwed.

I just don’t understand why speaking up is off the table.

reVOLt likes this.
  12. BigOrangeBeech

What else can be said

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Again, this is assuming Gruden would actually consider the job, which may not be the case, but any of the following could help:

Gruden: I love Tennessee and would love the job. Just waiting on a call.
    Boosters: We have in fact been speaking to Jon Gruden, and Currie and Haslam acted alone and in secret in trying to hire Schiano before anyone found out.
    Peyton: Hey Vols fans. You’re not crazy rednecks as currently being portrayed by the media. You deserve better than you have gotten, and you have a right to be angry. Tennessee has taken advantage of your unconditional love and has allowed a few people to put their personal interests ahead of the program.
    Potential staff members contacted: Hey, I just about quit my job because Gruden asked if I could join him in Knoxville. Is this still happening? Am I going to be unemployed?

Pretty much anything other than letting stubborn traitors turn us into the Browns of college football.

syndicate and Daddy Gee like this.
  14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

bump. 25%

15. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'm of the mind that he should now be referred to as "he who shall not be named". I think invoking his name on message boards makes him skittish and want to bolt.

We also need a whale whisperer to call him and tell him that all is right in the world, we've cleaned out the trash and have prepared a nice place for him.

I can't do 100% again, I'm at 25% as well.

TurtleTiz likes this.
  16. TurtleTiz

TurtleTiz Member

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I won't even go up to 50 until I'm sure he's still interested after this whole shitshow.

18. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I might go to 50% when he walks to the podium, 100% if he coaches the first game.

Who am I kidding, I'll be sucked back in by lunch tomorrow.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. BigOrangeBeech

0. I'm out. Sorry dudes.

GahLee likes this.
  20. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

1%, the blood is very slowly dripping back in....it would help if we had some Grumors tonight.