Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lumberjack4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Euron should have said "Excuse me, I need this dingy" and just run off into the ocean.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m enjoying it, even admitting the many flaws of this season. The more I read about HBO trying to beg the two producers to do 2-3 more seasons, and their saying that they couldn’t come up with enough content for even 20 more episodes (hence, the last two “seasons” were 6 each), and that neither has ever produced written content (but only adapted it)....the more it all makes sense.

My personal favorite would have been to see the whole story come together en masse, until the end....the NK losing part of his army and the white walkers at Winterfell, while he attacked King’s Landing and tried to rebuild his army of the dead with his dragon down south, literally the more Danny and Cersei fought, the more dead bodies they were feeding to the NK....just imagine three factions fighting simultaneously, one vs one to win the Iron Throne, but one versus to two in trying to destroy humanity...I think it would have been amazing. I loved Arya killing the NK, but can’t believe that they largely wasted the whole WW storyline.

hohenfelsvol and IP like this.
  3. Tenacious D

Did we really need app. 15 minutes of screen time that just showed Arya wandering around the rubble in a panic / daze? They REALLY wanted us to know how fed up she was with Danny, but it was total overkill.

4. zjc44

zjc44 New Member

That was more to show how war affects the innocent, not just Arya. Notice we never saw Dany after she decided to burn King’s Landing.

PilotFlyingJ and IP like this.
  5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

They should have done 10 episodes.... Agreed with it being rushed... I don't buy her snapping and deciding to raze the city the way it was portrayed.

Looking forward to reading the book if it ever comes out.....if this is GRRMs ending, so be it, but he'll Be more elegant.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

she wasn't portrayed as snapping. she's always been like this, just now it isn't people you dislike.

7. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

One small change to the script and I could have bought it; AFTER the bells toll, Grey Worm gets a arrow through the head and goes down, dead

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Well said. As I stated the writing has been on the wall and Varys and Un both called it.

Many are like Tyrion and Jon wishing they had not been so naive.

emainvol likes this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Sometimes you gotta dance with the one who brought you

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

As they in GOT land. They hitched their wagon to the wrong Dragon.

11. Tenacious D

I understood what it was intended to do.

I disliked and disagreed that it required four scenes and app. 15 minutes of the air time in the next to last episode in the series to make such a basic and obvious point.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

The only thing that comes to mind is RR Martin’s love of Arya. I read somewhere she is the only one that gets POV writing I the books.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

arya had her stage with the NK scene and fight scenes. Felt they did push her character a little much when there was a lot of shit going on. 2 or 3 fewer explosions focused around her would have been better suited elsewhere.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Very Captain Jack Sparrowish.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Only one of what? Every book is from multiple POVs.

I will say in the books Arya was always one of the main characters in a series with a ton of major characters.

reVOLt and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Don’t have a problem with the way things are shaping up. Issue is with the rushing of it all.

They also ruined a lot of characters. Brienne sleeping with Jaimie was turrible.

reVOLt likes this.
  17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Honestly, I always assumed Jaime would kill Cersei, but I kind of doubt the showrunners called an audible on that one.

You could argue that Dany's descent to madness could have been done better, but Jaime going back to Cersei would feel awkward no matter what.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Watching it again. Some of the music reminds me a little of some music from Sicario, which is a favorite movie of mine.

kmf600 likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Tackled from behind. Time to step down.