1 Seeds

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by kptvol, Mar 3, 2019.

1. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Furthermore, LSU wins out beating both Kentucky and Tennessee. Tennessee loses at Auburn. Three ACC teams get 1 seeds and LSU/Kentucky gets 2 seeds and Tenneesse dumped to a 3.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Bump.

Not 100% accurate but pretty close. The way in which UNC lost last night is allowing people to keep them where they are while vaulting Duke to the top. Multiple people are pushing the 3 ACC teams as the top 3 teams right now, which is ridiculous.

At this point, I think the winner of our game today takes the 4th 1 seed, but I won’t be the least bit surprised if the ACC gets 3.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

indy don't bump yourself. Its unbecoming

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Bumping yourself is the easiest way to becoming.

justingroves and IP like this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

UVA
    Duke
    Gonzaga are 1s

Honestly, after looking at some graphs, I think final spot is between UK and UNC.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Give me wins over UK and Auburn, along with the 2 in the East with UVA as the 1.

Go into the tournament with a chip on our shoulder and hope UVA does what UVA usually does in the tournament.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not arguing with you, but I just don't understand how Tennessee goes from a 1 seed to a 2 by losing to Auburn, but doesn't become a 1 again by beating Kentucky and Auburn given that UVA exited early, UNC and Duke have cut each other up, and Gonzaga choked with no real resume to speak of other than wins.

I don't see the clear separation between Tennessee and the above teams. If we lose today or tomorrow, fine. But if we win the tournament, the system is deeply flawed if that doesn't make a 1 seed.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think we're behind the two mentioned and Michigan State right now.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Well if that’s the case, it has to be UK.Kentucky has
    has a better record, better quad 1 record, better quad 1 and 2 combined record, Higher Net Ranking, and beat UNC Head to head

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I don’t get the Michigan State thing. I know they’ve been hampered by injuries, but their entire resume consists of two wins over Michigan.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Well, you have to start with the premise that Tennessee isn’t as good, and doesn’t deserve a spot at the table, no matter how contradictory to facts or results it may be.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We would have 4 losses, all against top 25 teams, 3 on the road.

UK, UNC, and Mich St would all finish with 6. And some of them are not good losses.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

UT has no bad losses. Not one. No losses at home. If we have 2 out of 3 vs UK, we should be ahead of them and we should be clearly ahead of Michigan State.

Heck, it is easier for me to list the teams I don't think UT is clearly ahead of: UVA and Duke. Any argument that puts Gonzaga ahead of us would apply to putting us ahead of North Carolina or UK (if we win today) or MSU, etc.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If the winner of UT/UK goes on to win the tournament they should be a 1.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Houston is not considered a 1 seed caliber team. Put them up against Gonzaga, blind to the school names and tell me what is different.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Post UT victory over UK, lunardi says the one seeds are:

UVA
    Gonzaga
    Duke
    UNC

It’s a [uck fay]ing joke.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Lunardi isn’t the selection committee. Just remember that.

Tenacious D and justingroves like this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Who do you all think are the 5 best teams in the country? If you had to rank the top 5 right now, how would you do it?

I think I’d go:

1. Duke
    2. UVA
    3. Tennessee
    4. Gonzaga
    5. UK

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

maybe ut at 2

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There’s an argument for it.

For me, I think UVA deserves the higher ranking, but I think UT has a better shot at a deep tourney run. I think UT is the better team.