11 Dallas Cops shot at protest

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Beechervol, Jul 7, 2016.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm looking at outcomes, not intention. The three other outcomes don't have bearing on the fourth, as they are differing events. If there had been a shootout, and we were looking at four dead shooters, one blown up, and three shot. I'd still have a problem with the blown up one. And I'd be, assuming everything was kosher with the shootings, fine with the shootings.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Horse shit. if a "police state" occurs, it will occur because of lawless mother****ers who think they can just kill people they disagree with or have a beef against. That is a mentality long advanced by the left and now that leftist are in positions of power the rank and file think they have carte blanche to act like ****ing savages.

3. Savage Orange

Did these mother****ers claim to have placed explosives "all over town" or not?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  4. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

The seemingly high level of marksmanship is bothersome, these guys don't seem to be random folks who just went off the deep end.

5. fl0at_

Which is not a justifiable reason. Hell, one could argue the best reason to keep the dude alive is to question him about the location of such explosives. Clearly he was the committed one. Maybe he was the guy that would know the finer details of the attack.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

President Obama remarks these things more easily occur when citizens are armed with powerful weapons....we're going to have to face that reality in the coming days.

Here it is, and there it goes.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Is this going to be another situation where we hear about multiple shooters and it's just one nutjob?

8. fl0at_

No, the killing people others have disagreed or had a beef against has been around since time existed. It is not new. What is new is the retaliation mentality, that we have this super body with unlimited power to bring about closure of the issue, by "whatever means necessary" that leads to a police state.

9. Tenacious D

I have not heard any accounts of high-levels of marksmanship, but don't dispute that they exist. The short video I saw caught a hail of shots being fired, and didn't sound like either sniper or long-range rifle fire, but again, I just saw a Vine video that was well-removed and away from the action.

In the video of the officer being shot, there is no way that the shooter was a US military-trained gunfighter. He did just about everything wrong, from proximity to basic tactics (lowering the muzzle, even when advancing, not crouched, etc.)

Again, not contradicting, as I haven't seen or know enough to have anything credible to add, just my $.02

10. Tenacious D

Well, it did happen 2 blocks from Dealy Plaza, so there is both historic and geographical significance, I suppose.

I think it was multiple gunmen in this case.

11. Savage Orange

We'll have to disagree on the first point and they have three other live perps to question. If someone is threatening me and the town I live in with a bomb and I have one to use against them to prevent their continued lunacy, I'm going to blow their ass up 100 out of 100 times. Put that on your moral high horse and ride it.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I cannot fathom any die-hard conservative, government hating person can be OK with the police using a bomb brought in by a robot to kill a suspect that was surrounded and holed up. This is the most authoritarian action that can happen, where the state gives the police a free reign, using any means necessary to take down criminals.

These are gestapo tactics, ones where there are not checks and balances. I don't like it.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Serious post?

14. NorrisAlan

Yes. 100%, given the information I have. No one has to agree with me, of course, but it is how I feel and see the situation.

15. fl0at_

I can only hope you have a badge when you use your bomb. Because if you don't, you'll likely face criminal charges.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So they should risk their lives for what reason exactly?

17. NorrisAlan

I don't think they should have foolhardily charged in. Or just walk away and let him leave. He had no hostages. He was not in a line of fire to hit anyone. He was cornered and trapped. And as far as I know, was still a citizen of the USA and under the protection of the Constitution. The Constitution protects saints and mass murderers alike.

They could have waited him out, and see if they could capture him alive to stand trial, which is their sworn duty.

18. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I get this. However, I believe the Dallas cops exhausted all options while the cornered suspect continued to assert that he would kill more cops, at least this was the story told late last night. They were getting 0 cooperation from this guy.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He constitution also says the police can react with force when attacked

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Remember that bank robbery maybe ten years ago where the guys had machine guns and kevlar body armor? The cops had to break into a local firearms store and commandeer high-powered rifles to bring them down.