2015 annual End of World thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Sep 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/01/living/blood-moon-biblical-prophecy-feat/index.html

Hopefully we can ride out this end of world like all the others.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The dude that looks like Jabba the Hut?

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Tennessee football on the rise and then the world ends. Sounds about right.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hahahahaha.

I have this book at my house right now. A family member said we needed to read it. Now I may have to.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Doom always sells

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

These guys always forget that "no man knows the day or the hour" verse

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Or that these astrological events have happened countless times throughout the history of the Earth.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, I guess there's just one thing left to do

[​IMG]

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

GW/CC is catching on.

10. NorrisAlan

Just seems like a huge waste of time and resources worrying about the end of the world.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Doubly so when you factor in that I'm Christian faith the second coming/end of world is a good thing.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They could write volumes about people, leaders even, who have proclaimed the end is near. I think it stems from the fact that arch conservative religious folks have always felt things slipping away as they experience natural changes in society which continually deviate from their nostalgic view of a more pious past.

13. NorrisAlan

This is not a knock in any way, but a couple of years ago I was driving my sons to their daycare and I saw something that I thought was, at the least, ironic. I had to take a picture of it. And we were at a full stop at a freaking long red light, so I didn't take it while driving down the street. Mostly.

And perhaps a sign of the end times?

[​IMG]

14. JohnnyQuickkick

I think it stems from the fact that people want attention, and this will get it for them.

15. NorrisAlan

I don't think so. I think many of them genuinely think it is the end of the world. I remember in my church that the pastor always talked about the end days (never in so much as a date or anything that ludicrous), but it was always "soon". I remember in 1985 thinking "Please God, not this summer, the Cubs won the East last year and this might be our year". How messed up is that?

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Tomatoes and Jesus coming soon

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Some of them probably do. I don't think that many of them really actually do.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You got plenty of time to whore around and live in sin, doesn't really fill the seats.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

So all the stuff that these pre-millenial rapture tree leaf readers believe is supposed to happen within a generation of Israel reconstituting (1948) I think. And most of them have said repeatedly this at most is 70 years, so maybe after 2018 and nothing happens they quiet down a bit? Or will they just move the goalposts? It's a silly worldview that requires severe distortion and very weird piecing together of Scripture.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They believe it. They read everything Jesus said in the Olivet discourse in light of Israel becoming a country again in 1948.