2015 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Mar 17, 2015.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Knick fans hate Jordan but they'd have killed their mother to have him.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

The thing with UK this year is that they were ridiculously deep with athletes, but they didn't have reliable scorers. I'd argue that going 8 deep with guys who can score reliably is preferred over going 10 deep of guys who are crazy athletes, but who don't necessarily have a ton of offensive skill.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Except that they did in 2012.

What other program has won a championship and added in a finals and semifinals appearance in the last four years?

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah, the talk of his failure there is ludicrously overstated

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

There are 300+ schools that would kill to "fail" like that.

6. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

He's taken UK to 5 tournaments and gone to the Final Four in four of them. And the fifth was year one when they lost in the Elite Eight. It's ridiculous.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It is ridiculous, but he's got quite possibly the dumbest basketball fanbase in America declaring it's national title or bust.

That doesn't help him.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

"Quite possibly" is pretty generous.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Those schools aren't going around saying, "We're X. We do whatever we want." Clearly that line is arrogant and flat out wrong.

10. NorrisAlan

They are the Anti-Tennesseans. I think Bammers in football are closely akin to the UK fans. Crazy.

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I can respect that though. Compared to fanbases that jump up and down over making minor bowls or just making the ncaa tourney. This is why I've always had a respect for USC fans. "he was handed a terrible situation" has never been said by a usc fan ever about their failing coach.

13. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my own fanbase is much much worse I assure you. we have a bunch of idiots excited over the "improvement" from the prior year. the fact the prior year was the worst in school history with the same coach, and therefore it's almost impossible to not improve over it, is kind of lost on them.

15. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

**** West Virginia

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Cat fans do that during football season.

They are both kinds of idiots.

17. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can say that as a Duke fan I breathed a huge sigh of relief when you guys went down. WV worried me too, but Scheyer and Smith trying to match up to Wall and Bledsoe (and Zoubek vs. Cousins) was something I wanted no part of.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Why the last four years? Dumb ass loaded question. What other team did even better than that from 1987 to 1992?

I simply agreed that they did not do it this year with an NBA roster.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  19. NorrisAlan

UK's top 7 players just declared for the draft. Does Cal even bother to learn their names, or does he just say "Hey, You!" and "Tall guy!" a lot?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's why you go to UK-- to get drafted.