2015 Vols hype

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jan 3, 2015.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yes. But if the cow is still milking, you keep milking. But it is about to run out. They need a big year this year.

And god help me, I am starting to feel optimistic.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bad coaching or great coaching, Tennessee has one of the best groups of wrs and defensive linemen in the sec. They have the best qb in the sec east, one of the best rbs and cbs in the sec and a deep set of linebackers.

There's no excuse for not being in the top 2 in the east. There's reason for optimism. Butch wins, great. Butch loses, he'll be replaced shortly

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I still go back to the whole question of "who is going to fire him."? This is the same administration that was going to keep Dooley if he doesn't go to Nashville and get embarrassed.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm still not entirely sure I believe that. The financial ramifications of keeping Dooley would have been so severe, Hart would be signing his own death warrant by not canning him. Donations and attendance would have absolutely bottomed out. It is hard to believe that even someone as utterly incompetent as him couldn't have seen that.

So, keeping Dooley means Hart stays employed about one more year. Firing and replacing Dooley means he gets at least three to see if the next guy works out.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I tend to believe there was a lot of ad speak at the end of Dooley tenure.

That scenario probably would have untied everyone.

6. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Should be a UT/UGA race next year. It's there for the taking, IMO.

7. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Anything under 8 wins is a failure, IMO. 10 wins seems like the ceiling to me. Calling anything less than 10 wins a failure seems a bit premature for this team.

8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That's exactly where I'm at

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

The media hype machine chuggin' along pickin' up steam

Earlier today ESPN wrote about Tennessee's playoff potential possibly landing at the Sugar Bowl in n'awlins. A short time ago JC Shurburtt had a go as with this ...

Five Out-of-Left Field

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They go to the sugar bowl, I will have a party at my house and serve up a big mess of BBQ crow. I get the first heaping helping.

11. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

With Bajakian being complimentary of DeBord, how can we lose even one game after mastering the perfect floor routine.

12. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'll chip in and give you a Michael Jackson at the party.

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

If it's n'awlins, can't forget the cajun crow

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yes. More hype.

15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

http://www.secsports.com/video/12311445/kiper-looks-forward-ut-football-season

Kiper getting in on the Tennessee hype. We've just begun silly season, this will keep building until September and Butch will not be able to escape the expectations. He may be able to temper them if they get unreasonably high (by our standards, not his) but people have taken notice. Time to put up or shut up.

16. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

This is one time I am hoping for high expectations from the media.

15-0 is likely.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I hope the expectations soar through the roof for no other reason than that if we can have an 8 or 9 win season and even the mouth breathing VFLers are disappointed, we are on the right track.

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Setting up for for biggest letdown of 2015. Most wasted talent of 2015.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I hope he blows away even the inflated expectations.

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yet another ESPN article this by KC Joyner and his thoughts on "Why Tennessee can win SEC East". Keep it comin'