2016 Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zero-sum, Oct 30, 2015.

1. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Your setting yourself up for great disappointment again next year. If this shit fest is still around of course.

2. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Hope for a major change at the end of the season then. It's all you got here.

3. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

Which is why I think we have a solid year, despite Jones. The talent is on the field. With respectable OL improvement (tough, I know), we should achieve no less than double-digit wins. Does FL improve next year?

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Was my first thought.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just don't see how anyone expects him to not be wound tight in a made for tv game that I'm guessing will be ABC primetime.

6. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Yep
    3-4 1-3 SEC
    numbers don't lie

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The only way that I could possibly give less shits about what anyone on Rocky Top Talk thinks, says, believes, hopes, etc., is if someone asked me how many shits I give about you, or what you believe, hope, etc.

8. Tenacious D

You're just suffering with group-think.

I'd advise you to go over to Rocky Top Talk, belly up to the bar of reason, and get you a tall glass of objectivity.

9. Tenacious D

Excellent point.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

exactly. we don't want kids born too soon in their eligibility.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Good point.

12. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

I like the non-conference home games: Ohio, TnTech, and Appy State. Really giving the season tix holders' their money's worth.

Anyone in the AD who brings up entertainment tax should be fired; people willing to pay $65 will happily pay $70.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If Scott Loeffler is still the OC, 0% chance we lose.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

This is exactly how I see it playing out or something very close. You nailed it, on it being his best year/team. I think the recruiting slacks off starting this year and continues after continuing to prove he can't coach.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This thread needs pinned, so when some some folks get to swimming in the kool aid next August they can look back at what they thought when they were sober.
    8-4 - Losses to bammer, aTm, UF, and one of Mizzou, UGA, VaTech

I could see them possibly dropping two (or all three, but really doubt it) of that last group as well.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Roughly zero people here will be drinking the koolaid going into next year.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Maybe. It seems to happen to some folks every year. I'm can't name names nor will I any further than to say it could happen to anyone.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll be drinking the flavor aide for sure. It's a summer beverage

19. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Beat VT? Hell, We only have 2 players on the whole team that have been seen a race track. None of them have played in front of more that 105K.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stating what expectations should be (9-3 this year) isn't "swimming in kool-aid".

The roster doesn't lie. This is an, at worst 9-3 team. Butch sucks, so it's a 7-5 team.

The 2016 season should be 9-3 or 10-2. That's not "kool-aid" that's what should happen. If it doesn't, get new coaches