2017 Predictions.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jun 20, 2017.

1. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Wife is a Tech fan, so at least if we lose that game someone in our house will be happy.

And if it sets off a chain reaction that ends with Butch being fired, we'll both be happy.

2. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

since neyland has seated 100,000+ or even 90,000+ does anyone know what the lowest attendance has been for a home opener?

we may beat it this year if we lose to Tech.

If we lose to Tech and Florida I would be surprised if we got 50,000 in there to see Umass.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If this happens, I think he's replaced by Kelly.

Just a hunch.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Florida gave Muschamp a fourth year after a 4-8 season.

5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

9-3 and extension or 6-5 and burning hot seat if not fired

9-3: losses to three of UGA, UF, BAMA, LSU
    Oline and run game is dominant
    Throw game is better
    D is better all around:
    Dline finally lives up to potential
    Secondary and LBs improve
    Offensive coordinator surprises
    Shoop D looks more like a Shoop D
    Butch gets out of the way (biggest reach for this prediction.

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'd take that...Kelly is an Ahole...good traight for a HFC.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I think Butch is back next year. I am warming to the opinion they drill GT, split UGA and UF, and do just enough to get to seven wins. His seat will be a might hot next year, but I just have a bad feeling he sells just enough excuses with mediocre performance to keep his job.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I want no part of Kelly at Florida. He's tailor made for that job.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Chip Kelly at Florida and Nick Saban at Bama. You might as well just schedule the SEC Championship ahead of time and not waste time with the regular season.

Also, I'd think Chip Kelly likely ends up sticking at his next destination for a pretty good while, so that would go ahead and make sure UT's 20 year drought turns into 30+. Basically he'd ruin the program forever.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I am sure there is more to this post than this line, but the nausea made me look away right about here.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Butch Jones is here multiple years. And I haven't cared less about football in a long, long time. Screw football, seriously.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Let attendance drop and let's see if he's back.

Currie wants to hire a football coach.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Then he needs to go get Chip Kelly and quit waiting for the wheels to fall off.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Chip Kelly is so obvious. Some of these guys take some kind of pride in "finding" a coach.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ucla makes a lot of sense if they get rid of mora, but I have a feeling ucla has a good enough year for him to not get fired.

16. RevBubbaFlavel

I think barring Florida winning the SEC that they will end up hiring Chip Kelly.

We keep Butch with a bowl appearance (hey, its 4 straight: that hasn't been done in, like, forever), or barring bowl eligibility we hire some middling MAC coach.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They kept Muschamp after a 4-win season. I find it really hard to believe they fire McElwain when he's winning the division 2/3 of the time unless he just has a complete disaster. Looking at their schedule, there just aren't that many possible losses.

18. RevBubbaFlavel

True. But I remember there being somewhat more enthusiasm around the program even after Muschamp's disastrous season. I don;t follow Florida heavily, but after the 4 win season there was still a belief that the defense was one of the best in the country and it was Muschamp who got them there.

With McElwain they thought they were getting a top notch offensive xs and os guy, and yet their offense is terrible.
    It might be far-fetched to think they would fire him after winning the East yet again, but I still feel it is within the realm of possibility. Maybe if it is similar to how they did it last year, and you don't see much improvement on offense.

and i dont think they are going to fire mcelwain after winning the east or winning 8, 9, 10 games just to go hire an assistant coach or somone lime col. state's head coach. its inly if they have kelly or someone like him.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They kept him because he won 12 and got them a sugar bowl the year prior. Once he proved that he was closer to the 4 win guy than the 12 win guy by going 6-6 the next year, they canned him, and if teeth doesn't win the SEC or worse, goes backwards, they'll can him

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Talked to a guy with a son that's a freshman at GT. Sounds like they aren't expecting to be very good this year.