POLITICS 2018 Midterms

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Oct 5, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, if that stuff is indeed true that's bad.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Th
    So, your justification is a mischaracterization of my arguments and sense of, supposed, moral outrage and ending with an affirmation of my statement on citizens voting on rights? Interesting way to back your claim of me as a moron, a [uck fay]ing moron, no less.

The argument about rights is still the silliest one because it was related to you being horrified that I wouldn't accept the idea of citizens voting for or against the rights of another group of citizens. It doesn't happen, despite you saying so, and the theme of a legislature voting on amendments is irrelevant because that was never the argument. It's also an exceptionally weak point because, once an amendment is passed, no legislature on any level can vote away the right, arbitrarily, again, anyway.

So, the point remains that 81% of the vote against gay marriage is a much different consideration than 81% of the vote for Joe Blow Republican candidate for assemblyman. The discussion of the 2A and restrictions, etc., was merely me clarifying and addressing each new angle you wanted to take in regards to the idea of rights and voting on political representation.

The quip about the Senate "gerrymandering" was about how it is set up to favor rural states and location of people rather than a fair representation of the citizenry. However, gerrymandering suggests intent and a concerted effort to imbalance power unfairly, so my offhanded remark was more for affect than accuracy.

Regardless, the original point remains there is reason to amend or eliminate the Senate and no reason to keep the Electoral College, in my estimation. Your argument that, among all groups, rural voters should receive some extra protection and consideration no other group gets was never supported and validated. You just went on some tangents, trying to throw shit at the wall, hoping one would stick, while telling me I'm a [uck fay]ing idiot for daring to disagree with you. It's stupid.

3. CardinalVol

No. You're a [uck fay]ing idiot period.

4. Unimane

And, yet, I still had a better argument than you. I wonder where that leaves you, [penis].

5. CardinalVol

Of course you do.

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I live here (NC). In addition to what is being reported, to receive Absentee ballot, you (the registered voter) must request one. My daughter is a registered R. She received an unsolicited Absentee ballot in the mail from local R org. She voted at polls. This is being investigated. I am registered Unaffiliated, I did not get one.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, apparently he was doing this on more localish down ballot stuff too. For perhaps 8 years. Kinda scary.

8. CardinalVol

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. CardinalVol

Yup. But we both know thatll never happen.

11. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Though we do know uni will be outraged.

12. Unimane

Are you suggesting I support something like this or that one party is pristine while the other evil? No, there is corruption in many places, particularly where one party has near complete control.

However, the changes to the structure of government in an entire state as the lame duck party leaves power is especially galling.