2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

wow. The problem is that there are so many good guards. It's how a guy like Morant was overlooked by Power 5 schools. That doesn't happen as much at the 3-5 positions.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

To be fair, Waters is undersized for an NBA PG, which will automatically put him lower than you'd expect. Bone doesn't really have that problem.

Just from reading other sites and talking to fans of other SEC teams, a lot of people around the conference thought Bone was the best PG in the SEC this year, and he did get some national attention from guys like Bilas.

Still, you have to wonder how he hasn't made it onto any of these big boards. He was playing with 2 potential first round picks for an entire season. Surely the people who put these big boards together had multiple opportunities to see him play. It's difficult for me to subscribe the idea that he's still an "undiscovered commodity" at this point and will shoot up the rankings as we edge closer to the draft.

But I don't know a whole lot about how these things work, so I could be way off.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Maybe his flat shot is a concern??? Not sure. Also, he is not an elite defender by any stretch.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

who does Bone guard in an NBA game.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

There’s likely very good reason(s) why he isn’t making these boards, but I don’t know what those may be.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Grad transfer Nate Sestina to UK.

Can we get one of those?

7. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Rob Lanier is the new head coach at Georgia State

8. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

It's pretty cool that 5 years after Rick stuck by his assistants (and got fired), they're now getting HC jobs.

Not saying he shouldn't have gotten fired, just glad it worked out well.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Another reason we will take a dip here in the next season or two. I really hope the 2020 recruiting class works out how it appears it might.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

His assistants stuck by him.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Don't have any spots available at the moment.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Send Pember to prep school. Wasn't that an option?

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Depending on Bone, Grant, and possibly Kent transferring, you could have up to 3. You just don't know when you have those spots for sure.

14. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Jerry Stackhouse official to Vanderbilt.

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Can’t do that without releasing him from his LOI

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Have to respect Dan's game at this point.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Cuonzo gets listed and Barnes goes into etc.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He 100% did that intentionally to get a rise out of UT fans. He’s a third-rate internet troll masquerading as a journalist.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I assumed (hoped) he meant Frank Martin.

Indy likes this.