2019 Fall Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Aug 1, 2019.

1. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

KNS dug up his old restraining order. He gone.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's staying, just to prove a point

3. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Solomon granted waiver

hohenfelsvol and JT5 like this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I can't be so sure. Him having a history makes this much more difficult to look past.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

But is his history just popping off and saying stupid shit? Or is he actually violent?

Seems to me he just needs to shut the [uck fay] up.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Former girlfriend says he was physically abusive towards her.

The woman who filed for a restraining order against Thompson wrote in her complaint that Thompson texted her stating that if she dated another man, he “would kill both me and that other guy.” She wrote that she believed Thompson’s threat because “he has a history of violence against me and others. He has physically slapped me, choked me, and thrown me around. I fear for my safety, and am constantly looking over my shoulder.”

Pruitt gave him a 2nd chance and it looks like he may have [uck fay]ed it up.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

A restraining order isn't a conviction.

I'd be very surprised if Fulmer allowed that shit to fly now that he can snub his nose towards the same personalities that made life difficult for him post-Dr. Johnson.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The SC restraining order indicates physically violent.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Be interesting to see what they do, gonna be a lot of pressure from the outside for TN to send him packing now.

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The counterpoint to that is that Pruitt standing behind him helps with parents in recruiting.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He needs to hit the road anyway, assuming he actually told her he threatened to smack her. We don't need pieces of shit threatening women on the football team or on campus.

TDVol1989 and lylsmorr like this.
  12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Probably why he was available so late in the recruiting cycle. Pruitt took a chance, looks like it's not going to work out.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Instead of just turning these kids out, be nice to get them some help assuming they can be helped.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

we are all speculating, let's let it play out. He's not playing until it is sorted, so there is no rush.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It will move quickly after his court date

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah cutting him is the easy thing.

He needs help and even if he never plays another snap here. The university should try their best to get him that help.

17. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I’m wondering if now would be a good time for Pruitt/Fulmer to create a position where s guy like Al Wilson maybe, an ex player who can relate and repair players problems before they become problems. Sparing the program and the university embarrassment possibly. The guy needs help, the PR of that would have to be seen as a positive.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Al Wilson is a lot of awesome things, but I don’t think he qualified to give domestic violence or anger management training, which it appears Thompson needs.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Was there a police report on the first incident? Did the girl he reportedly hit go to the doctor? If so, send him home. If her words are the only "proof", he may have never touched her.

20. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'm not sure where I fall tbh. Very tough to balance "how it looks" vs actual legal results. Same thing NFL has dealt with recently.

I'm leaning towards lengthy suspension, but allowing him to stay on campus under tight guidelines.

Either way, I hope we get a reasonable explanation from Pruitt/Fulmer.