2019 Fall Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah. If you feel all that concerned with the situation that happened on your campus and the other one that you knew about before he signed. You either boot him yesterday and move on or give him a couple games and mandate some things for him going forward. If he doesn't adhere to those, he's free to pack his stuff. The long term suspension doesn't make any sense.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

“Improving” is admitting to causing damage to school property? Punching walls? Do you do those things when you argue with your spouse?

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Leave it to [penis] to be the moral compass of the board.

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Once again I'll point out that unless there's a lot more to it, Fulmer will thumb his nose from outside pressure and keep it in house. After Dr. Johnson left he became fair game to anyone who wanted to strong arm him into how he conducted his program. Now that he has institutional power (and can rub the intelligentsia's nose in it) he will tell everyone to go to hell.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm trying to maintain a level of reason. We bring in kids to be pitbulls for 12 Saturdays a year. A domestic squabble is small [uck fay]ing potatoes.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I have no idea how it will go down. Unless its proven that hes physically beaten someone, I think he deserves a path to return so long as he meets the demands of the HC. But after this, itd be 0 tolerance moving forward.

IP likes this.
  7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I see this from his girlfriend - She told police Thompson "has a bad temper and has punched walls during past arguments."

Where is his admittance or proof that he has done that?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm really surprised people seem to be factoring in something from before he was on the team they never heard before as reason to jump the gun prior to knowing the facts of the current incident. what if nothing but a yelling match happened?

PilotFlyingJ and VolDad like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Even when you have no idea what is true or false?

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I didn’t say he admitted to punching walls.

I asked if admitting to damaging school property was improving? I asked if punching walls was also improving?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

did he admit to these things occurring?

12. Ssmiff

Dooz loves gates

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

According to the reports, yes to the first. He admitted to police that he did that.

According to the reports, no the second.

Perhaps I should have asked, instead, is being accused of punching walls improving, and that would be fair. However, I have no reason to believe she is lying, and, in fact, with this new report uncovered yesterday, believe her.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

believe her that he threatened her? Ya, I buy that he said something threatening. that's why he should be suspended.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I also agree that he should be suspended.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Wasn't he accused of physically assaulting his previous girlfriend in the new report?

17. Ssmiff

I still havent seen a police report on the first incident. If there wasnt one and proof, an ex saying "he hit me" in a mutual protection order doesnt mean too much. Bad stuff if he did, but mad and spiteful people will say anything,

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not sure about that.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

For how long?

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I believe that the previous girlfriend did accuse him after the fact. Which is why I found the mutual restraining order interesting.