POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Ah, I see. You are applying one city to represent all cities, since you have only this one experience, and only rely on things that have impacted you directly.

It wasn't until the late 1960s that Memphis was reliably democrat. And even then, until about the early 90s, it moved back and forth between republican and Democrat.

IP likes this.
  2. fl0at_

What is the moral high ground, here?

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Better to gain knowledge from experience in politics then to have no experience and preach about it.
    And you have no idea where ive been or lived.

If you have your own questions, go down to Snowden when it opens. Ask the parents and grandparents why they vote and dem or rep. Find your own answers to the questions you think you already know.
    If you dont want to find out for yourself, then dont.

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Apparently the basement. Its how we do politics.

5. fl0at_

What is the moral high ground YOU spoke of, using YOUR mind to translate to words I read?

6. fl0at_

And you are saying, that when I do this poll, they'll tell me it is because their parents voted that way?

Well, parent, right, since you don't think I'll find a bunch of two parent house holds, as you've previously stated.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

What causes this stream of consciousness to enter ones mind much less make it past his lips.

“He’s going to do things that nobody ever would ever think even possible because he’s following the radical left agenda. Take away your guns, destroy your Second Amendment, no religion, no anything, hurt the Bible, hurt God, he’s against God, he’s against guns,”

Sad that our choice is between tweedle dee or tweedle dum.

justingroves and NYY like this.
  8. fl0at_

If you hadn't fought so hard for tweedle dum, you'd have a better choice.

Democrats have had two options the last 12 years. Republicans had more, and chose.

Now they complain about the same Democrats that haven't changed... and their choice.

9. Ssmiff

Youll find some 2 parent, many single moms and grandparents. Of course we can be PC and act like single moms in the black community without a dad or father figure isnt a problem.
    As far as your polling, ask them what line they vote and why. Easy question. Get your own answers.

10. Ssmiff

Trump can be a fool and his act is tired. His arrogance is unmatched as well which makes for a bad mix.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Good marketing works on everyone brother. Most Americans period are idiots

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you are telling me Russians and French have a similar culture and you attribute that to them being white? Is this a troll?

13. fl0at_

I'm asking you why you believe the answer is family. I can't get your belief from them.

I know what people will say, they'll cite a policy. Every time.

These are done every election. They are called exit polls.

14. fl0at_

The Latin community has had the largest surge of immigration the past many years, correct?

And so you don't think the cultural identity of those immigrants were brought with them?

Of course they were.

The black community is not having increased immigration, relative to their community size.

So the black community has less diversity than the Latin community because of assimilation.

This is basic anthropology.

Politically it is a stupid statement. But it's still basic anthropology.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It’s a stupid statement period. He probably had no idea what he was saying

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

In regards to the most recent topic of Biden's remarks and the general idea of the way Rs are portrayed in regards to minorities?

Its the same idea that some call themselves "conservative", run on those ideas and platforms, get elected, then are fine with being anything but that.

We have become a society in general that accepts the ideas that fit the way we think. The results matter a lot less as long the message is good.

17. fl0at_

I'm still not following how this has to do with moral.

Political high ground, sure. How moral high ground?

18. fl0at_

It's not a stupid statement. It's a stupid political statement.

You'll hear about this in EVERY anthropology course, class, and lesson.

Cultures die as they become more homogenous.
    It's the very argument for immigration, because they bring in diversity.

The Latin community is the driver of immigration. Therefore, more diverse.

He might not know what he said, or why. Doesn't matter. The depth of it is valid.

19. Ssmiff

Various reasons. Family. Racial reasons. Some vote based off supporting the same skin color, white and black. Some off policy but to act as people have only voted dem or rep their whole lives and its always about policy is naive af

20. fl0at_

People vote one way or the other, mostly on a policy.

For the Christian Right, that policy is abortion, and as such, they go Republican.

Hunters and outdoorsmen predominately 2nd amendment and Republican.

Feminists, female equality and reproductive rights (abortion) and thus democrat

The naive part is here:

Most Americans vote down the dem or rep line as they and their friends and families have for decades and couldnt answer basic questions in regards to politics.