POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'll do whatever the Russians or Chinese tell me to do via Facebook links.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No, Trump will not be re-elected.

No, Hillary will not run again and if she does, she will not be nominated.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Hickenlooper? Inslee? I think Steve Bullock would be a decent choice, but he doesn’t seem to fit the current climate.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Anyone named Hickenlooper has my immediate and unconditional vote.

President Hickenlooper.

justingroves likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just assume the answer is "yes" for both.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Wait, so you think it IS possible that Hillary will run again, do ya?

You libs hear that, even Un thinks she could run again.

And do you know what 55% of your party will do during the primaries if she announces she’s running again, right?

And you know what a large part of them will do in the general election if she isn’t the nominee, right?

For a party that makes its hay as the smart ones, ya’ll sure do an inordinate amount of really dumb shit. Ya’ll ever notice that?

7. Tenacious D

85% on Trump being re-elected, were I being honest. But that’s a very conservative estimate.

I’m just going to say that there’s at least a 50% chance Hillary runs (she’s trying to bait the Party stalwarts into begging her, again, as I type these words), and a 85% chance that she wins the nomination if she does.

Democrats are that stupid. And by stupid, I mean “lacking almost all discernible intelligence”.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is perfectly natural for the party of diversity, liberty, etc. to be working against their own collective interests often. I can live with it, and wouldn't want it any other way. While both parties are frequently influence by demagoguery, the response of the Democratic Party members tends to be scattered, whereas the Republican Party largely responds like a single organism. And heck, having guys like Cruz that kiss the ring of the guy who mocked and slandered his family is just not healthy. I'll take the Clinton-Obama and Clinton-Sanders schisms, and whatever the future schism is, please and thank you.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll be shocked if Hillary runs. I'll go on record and say she won't. If I am wrong, I'll have bigger worries than message board prognostications.

It's nothing personal, she just has had two cracks at it and has too much game tape.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. Tenacious D

11. Tenacious D

You got it, Bub.

12. Tenacious D

Who on the Dem side will stop her, IP?

Name’em.

This is like people saying that Tennesee was going to win 10 games, but you ask them which 10 absolutely it’s just a blank stare.

She’s counting on the collectively blank stares of your entire Party. And she’ll get them.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Bragging? Everyone hates him? No, that's just you, again, putting things into my mouth, making shit up that I've never said, as usual.

Plus, I've tried to explain how I look at the poll stuff and you never seem, purposely or otherwise, to get it.

Create your own narrative and conversation. You always do.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Biden or Harris will be the nominee.

16. Unimane

I still think it will be someone like Inslee or O'Malley. Two years out is a long time. Things will change.

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If I can get odds on Beto I'll lay money down right now.

He's running.

gcbvol likes this.
  18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Biden and Trump would be a helluva entertaining race though

19. Unimane

I just feel the old guard isn't going to garner the support of a Democratic electorate which turned out a ton of young voters in the mid-term, especially with the revamping of the super delegate process.

20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'd love it. I completely get the concerns about Beto including the Senate loss and beyond, but he has 'it'. If he sells in Texas he can sell nationally.