POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Haha. No. Proud Boys, Stand Back and Stand By

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That was a mess. I don't even blame Chris Wallace. Who could control that train wreck?

So, who won? I don't even know how you could decide. Trump is losing and decided to turn it into a grievance fest and his greatest hits from the campaign trail. Biden was in and out in terms of effectiveness, getting goaded a few times.

The positives for Trump, if I can think of any, were the debate was such a mess it might keep undecideds at home and a lower voting number enhances his chances. But, I can't think of any other thing he did to help himself. Biden's positives? He benefits from not being a psychopath with the maturity of a 3rd grader interrupting every ten seconds. Beyond this, I don't know of anything new for him.

So, a draw-ish? In the end, Trump needed a win and I don't know where he got one.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

no one wins under these conditions.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s crazy to me how many opportunities Trump missed because of how fixated he got on stuff like Biden’s son. There were a ton of chances to score points, and he just couldn’t do it.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Because he is a one trick pony and never really deviates from a few set patterns, mostly based upon transactional relationships and personal grievances.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Trump found the perfect foil in Hillary. She had been demonized for decades and was an easy target for quips and meme like sayings.

Biden is milquetoast and how do you punch against milquetoast?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

the only way to explain away the Proud Boys moment is to pretend like he didn't say exactly what he said.

The Dooz likes this.
  8. NorrisAlan

I really don't want to have to interpret or do apologetics on what the President says, especially about something as, literally and figuratively, black and white as racial superiority.

The Dooz likes this.
  9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

10. NorrisAlan

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If Joe would have said that it would just have been because of a stutter.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Let's just believe the worst so we can keep this shit show going.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Don't bother. They have their agenda like NBC, CNN and the rest of the left media

14. NorrisAlan

No thanks. I want this shit show over.

15. chef65

chef65 Contributor

"In the cabaret of globalization, the state shows itself as a table dancer that strips off everything until it is left with only the minimum indispensable garments: the repressive force."

Subcomandante Marcos (b.1957)

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Joe wouldn’t say it in the first place.

17. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Why do we need to be pardoned? What are we to be pardoned for? For not dying of hunger? For not accepting humbly the historic burden of disdain and abandonment? For having risen up in arms after we found all other paths closed? For not heeding the Chiapas penal code, one of the most absurd and repressive in history? For showing the rest of the country and the whole world that human dignity still exists even among the world’s poorest peoples? For having made careful preparations before we began our uprising? For bringing guns to battle instead of bows and arrows? For being Mexicans? For being mainly indigenous? For calling on the Mexican people to fight by whatever means possible for what belongs to them? For fighting for liberty, democracy and justice? For not following the example of previous guerrilla armies? For refusing to surrender? For refusing to sell ourselves out? Who should we ask for pardon, and who can grant it? Those who for many years glutted themselves at a table of plenty while we sat with death so often, we finally stopped fearing it? Those who filled our pockets and our souls with empty promises and words? Or should we ask pardon from the dead, our dead, who died “natural” deaths of “natural causes” like measles, whooping cough, break-bone fever, cholera, typhus, mononucleosis, tetanus, pneumonia, malaria and other lovely gastrointestinal and pulmonary diseases? Our dead, so very dead, so democratically dead from sorrow because no one did anything, because the dead, our dead, went just like that, with no one keeping count with no one saying, “Enough!” which would at least have granted some meaning to their deaths, a meaning no one ever sought for them, the dead of all times, who are now dying once again, but now in order to live? Should we ask pardon from those who deny us the right and capacity to govern ourselves? From those who don’t respect our customs and our culture and who ask us for identification papers and obedience to a law whose existence and moral basis we don’t accept? From those who oppress us, torture us, assassinate us, disappear us from the grave “crime” of wanting a piece of land, not too big and not too small, but just a simple piece of land on which we can grow something to fill our stomachs? Who should ask for pardon, and who can grant it?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

'If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black'

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This is foolish. There’s no spin here, there’s no twisting of words to meet an “agenda”.

Trump very clearly said it. With words. Spoken from his mouth. Into the microphone. For people to hear. With their own ears.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Joe didn't say it, Trump did.

You just compared an if to an actual.