POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I despise taxes, but they are necessary... But the current tax rates are out of wack.

I just choose to fight fire with fire...my children can un[uck fay] themselves when they get older.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Gotta teach 'em while they're young.

3. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

That's a r/nocontext post if I've ever seen one.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I was told essentially the same thing growing up. I never tried to take advantage of it. Probably for the best since I've never been able to substantiate my dad and grandparents' claim. Regardless of intent, I'd call it a poor decision to make such claims.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Where did you wear it?

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

These numbers are good for Trump in 2020.

Some may interpret them differently.

reVOLt likes this.
  7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Suddenly, you like polls?

I don't think it will matter much for 2020 or portends anything. SOTU addresses are vastly overrated, pretty vanilla and almost impossible to screw up, usually getting high marks while meaning nothing. I can't remember a president not getting high marks, or relatively high marks, on the SOTU.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

"among speech watchers"

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

"Grasping at straws"

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Mostly trick or treating, but also to a Kiss concert once

11. Tenacious D

Speaking from my experience, I’d say that app. 95% of kids raised in Appalachia were told that they had Native American ancestry, somewhere, somehow, however far removed.

I’d also say that I know less than 5 people who would have any grounds to assert this in any official capacity.

My paternal grandfather was “full-blooded” Cherokee, and he had all sorts of formalized affiliations / benefits as a result, so I know that I must have some, too. But I’ve never pursued any standing myself, and certainly would never, ever have put it on any form. Those people have been through more than enough already, without my sorry ass asking to also be included.

As far as I’m concerned, she intentionally used a fake Native American ancestry to advance her educational, professional and political career. She can’t escape that narrative, and particularly when facing Trump.

Just ask Lyin’ Ted, Crooked Hillary, Low-Energy Jeb!, Little Marco, et al.

She won’t lose everything, and shouldn’t, but like Teddy Kennedy, she may want to resign herself to the fact that the Senate will be her ceiling, and that she can still play a big role and do immense good, there.

And she wasn’t beating Trump, anyway, tbh.

I’ve yet to see the Democratic hopeful who can, but it’s early, and I’m open to considering others, as they come forward.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Don’t they seem like the best ones to approve or disapprove of the speech?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's got a large amount of self-selection, don't you think?

Like, vegans approving of the new meat substitute being held up as evidence to omnivores.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Possibly add the NC governor to our black(face)list!

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good grief, was this really a thing 30-35 years ago?

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I guess. I don’t think it’s some sort of gamesmanship. It was approval rating on the speech, not Trump. You don’t poll people that didn’t watch the speech to get their thoughts on it.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. But Tenny posted that it boded well for 2020. I don't think that it indicates anything regarding 2020. I think that every white democrat that was alive in the early 80's apparently opted for a blackface halloween costume and are simultaneously being outed is a positive indicator for his chances in 2020 more than that polling.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, I think I have a yearbook with such a picture in it, but I may be wrong. It wasn't me. I think I have one with me dressed in drag, but that was the only "makeup" I donned.

Edit: I should also point out that the guy wasn't posed next to a clan member or a burning cross or anything like that. I don't recall the event, but the guy was trying to dress up like someone famous.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  19. Tenacious D

Any speech that garners 90% of GOP and 70% of Independents is good for Trump in 2020.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It depends on who was watching. According to some of the comments I've seen on the polls, there was a strong partisan tilt to those who tuned in to the speech. I don't really think it portends much of anything towards 2020 either for or against Trump with such a limited scope of people replying.