POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

Like most every golf course in America along with countless businesses where manual labor intensive positions are needed. Eventually the tough choice is going to have to be made where these businesses must compete fairly with on the book employees that pay into our social services systems (with a greater cost to consumers for the resulting goods/services they provide). First step (again in my opinion) is preventing illegal immigration so we can absorb a much greater number of legal immigrants.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I was just highlighting hypocrisy. Not yours, mind you.

3. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

Understood.

4. JayVols

Even Ann Coulter, as much as I don't care for her, is calling bullshit on Trump's lies.

[​IMG]

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Are the rats starting to each other?

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

She’s been carrying on this narrative the whole time. It’s what got Trump to ball on the bill thatbled to the shutdown.

7. JayVols

Hannity was raging about the deal last night attacking any Republican who supported the deal. I'm sure it will be sliced bread by 9 pm tonight.

The most hilarious part of it is that the $1.4 billion for fencing (not a big beautiful wall) in this deal is even less money ($1.6 billion if not mistaken) than was offered in the deal pre-shutdown. And that deal was yuuuugely less than the $25 billion previously offered in exchange for DACA.

The whole greatest dealmaker in history myth has been....

[​IMG]

I mean, can you be a worse dealmaker? All those Trump business failures & bankruptcies are just par for his golf courses.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

slats, fencing, wall, etc is all just rhetoric and nonsense. They're interchangeable. It's the continuous element, and that it is going to fix everything, and that it will pay for itself that are the whoppers.

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yet we still put walls up around prisons

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The continuous element doesn’t seem to be a claim, at least anymore.

11. JayVols

People don't get sent to prison for a misdameanor, though.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Wait until someone accuses him of backtracking on that claim.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought we were talking about one wall 1,900 miles long. I know of no prison with one wall, 1,900 miles long.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

No longer concrete, no longer being paid by Mexico, no longer continuous, sometimes now a "fence" or barrier but only if you are Trump still a wall if someone else calls it something else. Hard to keep track.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Hahahahahaha!!!!

I’m legit going to dislocate a rib over ol’ Hot Sauce Harris!

Next!

16. Tenacious D

It will absolutely, verifiably, inarguably pay for itself.

Wanna wager that it will?

17. Tenacious D

Do you know why you’re even seriously talking about illegal immigration?

Do you know why securing the southern border is even a thing?

Do you know why every tablespoon of concrete, square inch of fencing, or linear foot of rebar will be laid on that southern border?

Better, do you know who?

President Donald J. Trump.

He is singlehandedly both the who and why.

I’m going to bookmark this thread for what is going to happen shorty after he signs that impotent legislation that Congress sends to him. When arbitration fails, there is no longer any need for arbitration, anymore.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

That you could even state that with certainty means our ideas of "verifiably" and "inarguably" differ. Hell, if I argue with you I win, right?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm seriously talking about how a problem has been distorted into a "national emergency" and crisis.

It was a thing in 2014, and conservatives didn't want to do shit: https://www.npr.org/2019/01/09/683623555/president-obama-also-faced-a-crisis-at-the-southern-border

There is already over 400 miles when he came into office, so you clearly are wrong by the way you even posed this question. You're worshiping a mere man. It's sad. He's done [uck fay]-all, but divide the country. Please bookmark it. The only way he gets what he wants is by ignoring the constitutional power of the purse. Which he will do, because his conscience is not burdened by the constitution. Or the law. Or truth.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Even if you can prove him wrong he'll just call you a dumb stoner and block you.

JayVols likes this.