POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

history is full of walls. historically, they are not real solutions.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What plan would leave no ecological footprint? If that’s your litmus test, then “Do nothing.” is the only possible answer, albeit an incredibly convenient one, for anyone desiring open borders.

The problem isn’t critical? Says who? By what standard?

Do you honestly want to force me to cite any number of government projects that also required the government’s use of imminent domain, albeit for issues which you supported, and when you didn’t share these same concerns?

By this logic, if not all leaks can be patched with the same solution, then none of the leaks should be patched. Is that it? Is that your argument, here?

Just say, “I prefer open borders.” and be done with it. No need to church it up, and at least this way is honest, and gives me no more to aim at than if you said you liked chocolate ice cream, or any other personal preference.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I was gonna say paintball. That shit hurts and it would be obvious who crossed for a week or so with permanent paint. 2 detterrants

4. Tenacious D

If they want to be recognized as legal residents, then they need to return to their country of residence and apply for such before re-entry, as the law requires. I’d make an exception for DREAMers, but it’d be a very, very narrow concession, and would not in any case be extended to any familly members who were not also DREAMers. And I predict that this is what happens, if any deal is made.

No, we don’t need them.
    Businesses, mainly Republicans, want cheap labor & Democrats want new votes.
    And that’s why it’s where it now is.

The trouble is the undeniable fact that it’s exactly hurting the very people whom each claim to wish to prosper and protect - the poor, the least educated, unions, the middle class, etc.

We do have proper systems in place to deal with exactly this problem - it’s called the Rule of Law, Immigration Courts, the DOJ, ICE, and unless I’m completely misreading things, it’s about to also require the US Military, and a shit ton of border material, to boot.

5. Tenacious D

Israel laughs and openly mocks this post.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I heard Donald J Trump say himself in a speech that we need these workers. I heard it. My own ears.

And I actually do think there is a healthy place for them in our economy.

The systems in place I am talking about is an ADEQUATE guest worker program and ability to actually prevent visa overstays.

How many votes are democrats getting from illegal aliens again?

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Whatever the margin was in the popular vote in 2016, you take that number and add 1. That's how you know many illegals voted

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command"

JayVols, tvolsfan, IP and 1 other person like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

that old slippery slope song.

10. Tenacious D

Then he's wrong.

There is a healthy place for them in our economy, via the guest worker program, and which any foreign-born person is eligible to apply. From their home country.

Who says that the current guest worker rate is in any way inadequate? You? Me? Trump? What does the law say?

How well is the current guest worker program preventing overstays, now? This is a trap question.

How many votes are the Dems getting from illegals now? That's an excellent question, TennTra. You're 1 for 6M, now.

11. Tenacious D

That I can just come in these threads and absolutely shit-house the subject of illegal immigration, and there's never a a substantive response from the libs in even trying to prove me wrong, is easily one of my favorite things.

Illegal immigration hurts poor people.
    Illegal immigration hurts minorities.
    Illegal immigration hurts the least educated.
    Illegal immigration hurts the middle class.
    Illegal immigration hurts unions.

See? Nothing to argue about on these points.

I know it. They know it. Everyone knows it.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Trump got 26% of the vote against Hillary in El Paso. It's Beto's hometown.

Delusions, as usual.

13. JayVols

Bullshit & bluster is all they have.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is all supposing all the "libs" are pro-illegal immigration or pro-open borders, which is, really, a characterization you've arbitrarily constructed to give yourself a win in the argument, but doesn't have any basis in the actual arguments made on the topic. It's just like posting a picture of the Beto rally hours before he spoke and, not only passing it off as a responsible representation of the respective enthusiasm of the two sides, but going into a posting frenzy inferring Beto is the advocated choice or representative of the choice of the resident lefties on the board, though he is not.

The reason you think you "shit house" in these arguments is you keep creating these strawmen or projections for which you attack. People aren't actually making the claims you state.

15. JayVols

Or as he calls her, Nancy....

16. JayVols

Says the guy that was not only 100% convinced that Trump would keep the govt shut down for a year unless he got the money for his Precious, he also guran-damn-teed it.

17. JayVols

Me too. I want him to do it.

18. JayVols

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...epartment-says-trumps-crowd-claims-were-false

Trump lied. Again. I know. Shocking.

Also Trump's claims that tremendously huge portions of the wall (insert "the most ever perhaps") had already been built. More lying bullshit. Per WaPo's Matt Viser: "The US-Mexico border is 1,954 miles. There's 654 miles in existing barrier. And as of January, 0 miles of barriers had been added since he took office."

Sorry to repeat myself, but again, shocking that a chronic liar is lying.

The fact his fanboys still believe him is equally shocking.

19. vols4sure

vols4sure Member

Technology has advanced such that we should be able to efficiently and effectively monitor thoroughfares that are able to be crossed by your ordinary illegal immigrants. If your ordinary illegal immigrant believes they most likely will be immediately rounded up, they will not bother crossing. However, without an active barrier, these technologies are generally worthless. Again, I am not talking about drug smugglers and criminals. Also, this plan relies on an efficient system for allowing legal immigration where if you get caught trying to cross illegally, you will be banned from doing so legally.

It is a circular issue as I see it economically - without stopping illegal immigration, we cannot allow easier legal immigration. Without easier legal immigration, we cannot stop illegal immigration. Both sides of our government has essentially chosen the option of making it difficult for legal immigration while giving lip service to illegal immigration knowing that our economy needs it. This is the easier solution where we can pit it as dems vs. republicans. However, I personally believe that this is the wrong choice as our social safety net will eventually collapse under too many people that have paid too little into the system (while we receive the benefit of cheap labor). We need to get these people that want to work on the books.

I would also agree with enforcing and making more stringent laws against companies willfully using illegal immigrants. Easy and obvious that this would help the issue, which goes to the lip service given to trying to stop illegal immigration.

20. JayVols

Like, Trump owned golf clubs, perhaps?