2020-ish Tokyo Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Jul 22, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ssmiff, do you imagine we are all standing up and tearing our shirts off when responding to you? Why do you think we need to calm down, based on typed replies?

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Honestly, just calm down

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There’s not, though. She’s not some 36 year old playing at McFee Park in KMSL

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The fact that his avatar or little tag line underneath it doesn't say "Calm Down" yet shows y'all are getting soft.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Keep Calm and Post On

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Jamaican hurdler Hansle Parchment won gold in a major upset of the reigning world champion — Team USA's Grant Holloway — in the men's 110-meter hurdles final at the Tokyo Olympics.

But for a moment, it appeared as though Parchment might not even make it to the race in time.

The 31-year-old speedster found himself at an aquatics center rather than a track shortly before his event was set to begin. He had accidentally taken the wrong bus on the day of the final.....

https://www.insider.com/tokyo-olympics-volunteer-helps-jamaican-hurdler-gold-medal-race-2021-8

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[Hope] Solo noted that she, herself, has witnessed Rapinoe, who said in 2019 that she would “probably never sing the national anthem again,” take aim at teammates who did not take a knee.

“I think the kneeling thing can be very divisive,” Solo added. “I've seen Megan Rapinoe almost bully players into kneeling because she really wants to stand up for something in her particular way.”

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/tru...r-stage-in-culture/1a1rb4lx0yx2k16i8wu5ya94we

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Timeline doesn't add up. https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/uswnt-hope-solo-megan-rapinoe-bullying-kneeling-timeline

InVolNerable likes this.
  10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Hope Solo

lol

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Megan Rapinoe can still eat shit imo

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Was solo not arrested for domestic violence?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes she was

14. JohnnyQuickkick

I can believe what she’s saying. I wouldn’t be surprised at all

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I wouldn’t believe a single thing Hope Solo says. She has no credibility.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s more based on the impression i get from rapinoe than hope solo saying it

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

it could be true, except solo couldn't have witnessed it. she was off the team by the time Kaepernick kneeled, let alone rapinoe.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Which is why it’s not really based on her saying it, for me.
    She’s trying to bully the whole damn organization, it’s not hard to think she’d bully a teammate

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, she can be bullying on the kneeling and solo be a liar. solo probably knows of it second hand but that wouldn't be a story with her in it.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Which is why her saying it really isn’t important to me