2020 Vol BBall Recruiting....

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If there's one thing that Pember can do, it's shoot. He's knocked around a bit on the high school level, so he's too weak now to play in the SEC, yet. But, the dude can definitely shoot. Like I said, think old school Euro big guy stereotype, can fill it up from three, hangs around the perimeter, a little soft.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sounds like a good power forward to run what Alexander does with the offense now, except more of a threat to actually shoot and spread the defense out.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

But what's his 3 pt % over the last 6 games?

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Looking 2 years down the road, a 6'7 5* guard, Burns at center. 6'6 5* g/SF, 6'9 Pember at stretch 4. Pons, fulky and walker, Jalen Johnson seniors
    Unsure of where another pg and sg will come from, but it appears Barnes can build a pg

5. Unimane

He's a huge defensive liability right now, which I hope changes, but he will be a great asset to draw out a big to the perimeter to open up the lane.

Also, his teammate Quez Glover seems to be the exact type of player you see shine out for a good mid-major in the NCAA tournament.

Oh, and the Memphis signee, James Wiseman is a damn beast. He'll only be with Penny for a year, though. Memphis East, which will beat the piss out of Brentwood here in a few minutes, and Bearden will be a very interesting championship game tomorrow.

6. Ssmiff

Yeah Brentwood is in trouble, even though they actually have decent size. I coached a couple of the kids when they were 8 and 9 years old. Weird to see them now at 6'6 and 17 years old.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Some talk of prep school for him next year, depending on how numbers work out.

8. Unimane

Yeah, might be best. I mean, I watch the kid and can see how he could play on the next level. But, he's definitely a risk and has some questions about his ability in the SEC.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That would mean Kessler is coming?

10. Unimane

Wow, Brentwood really hung in there. It will be interesting to see if Bearden can do the same tomorrow. I don't think East will shoot as poorly as they did today, but Bearden has quicker guards and better shooters than does Brentwood.

11. Ssmiff

I didn't get to watch. Surprised they hung. Franklin beat them 4 times this year with one little guard going for 30 each game, but that kid also took 20 3's a game. Imo tn hs ball needs to have a shot clock. Too many scores in the 40's, especially when there is no 5 second call on the ballhandler any longer.

12. Unimane

They still have the 5 second call and it may have been the swing in today's game for East as they got 2 in a row at a critical time. Brentwood packed it in and made good rotations on their box and 1, then East couldn't hit many of the shots they were given. They spread the court on offense and scrapped together some points with some toughness. I also thought the East guys could have looked for Wiseman a bit more than they did, but the defense was really solid by the Bruins.

13. Ssmiff

I didnt realize they still had 5 second call while dribbling. Wish college hadnt changed that rule.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No clue

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

East has been a little different since losing the Dandridge kid close to a month ago...ironically, nobody has talked about it...he is 6'8, really strong, and signed to Memphis....They were able to float some story about a minor injury that would sideline him temporarily, but I have heard it is much worse than that...either way, he wasn't playing in playoffs.

16. Ssmiff

Brentwood actually lost their leading scorer and pg Jack Thurman in January as well.

17. Unimane

VQ saying there is buzz that Virginia has privately conceded Keon Johnson to the Vols. Johnson announces his commitment on August 6th. Walker and Johnson would be a fantastic start to recruiting for 2020.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He’s been a HEAVY Vol lean for quite a while.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well shit, I guess Barnes knows how to make an honest living.

20. Ssmiff

You want NBA? Ok, because we took 3 projects and turned them into NBA draft picks. Sell it

IP likes this.