2021 season prediction

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volokie, Aug 25, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

save your friday material, it's Wednesday.

TDVol1989, NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.
  2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

7-5 because it is way past time for some breaks to go UT's way.

TDVol1989 and IP like this.
  3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

4-8.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

You’re right. I’m back at 4-8.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I predict a negative number of wins. I am now the edgiest.

6. chavisut

Yes. Because 5-7 is so out there.

7. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

6-6 overall
    2-6 conference

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I responding to a trend beyond just your post. It isn't all about you, chavisut.

9. chavisut

Well darn.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's anywhere from 4 to 8 wins. This is a fairly easy schedule but we don't know how good Tennessee really is

Tar Volon and 10SEvols like this.
  11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hearing that the staff would like to redshirt Bailey this year if possible. tifwiw

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

4-8 would either mean a lot of injuries or we completely [uck fay]ed up this hire. imo

TDVol1989 likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If he redshirts, does he still have 4 years eligibility?

14. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

I would assume so since last year wasn’t supposed to count against eligibility.

justingroves likes this.
  15. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

4 wins would be a disaster. 8 wins which once was a disaster would unfortunately be fantastic. I, like everyone else hates where the program is at but I agree with your post. I'm at 6-6 as of today.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

4 wins in this SEC East with our OOC schedule would be depressing as hell. Three games are automatic (BG, Tech, USA). I'd like to think we can at least split the Mizzou, Pitt, Vandy and South Carolina's on our schedule. All we can hope for against Florida/UGA are that we get a few chances to sing Rocky Top with some momentum before the game gets out of hand. Alabama obviously isn't even worth day dreaming about. But I'll be very worried moving forward if we go 1-7 or worse in the SEC, which is likely what our conference record would be in the event of a 4-8 season.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Florida is an 8 win team

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Tennessee wins 7 but I'm not going to be surprised with less or more. South Carolina is going to suck, Kentucky is Kentucky and Missouri may be decent. Mullen's still got Grantham, who's terrible, running a defense that hasn't replaced what it's lost.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

If Florida won four games, we'd be one of the four wins.

I'm conditioned to presume it's an L until proven otherwise. Seen it my whole life. If anything it's mental when we play them. Whenever we as students talked ball with the players we knew, the Florida game inevitably always came up. The theme of the Florida conversation would always circle back to-not the actual play on the field- but rather how much shit Florida players talked to them. On and on and on they would convey how Florida players shit talk and taunt them more than everyone else on the schedule (whereas Alabama freaked them out because not a single player would dare utter a single word of trash talk-said it was like playing emotionless droids. There's zero tolerance for on field trash talking in Saban's program apparently). You could tell Florida had real estate in their heads. Doubt much has changed. Would love to be wrong.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.