2021 Vols

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Dec 5, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt is the head coach

Tosh Lupoi is the DC

Weinke and Tee are gone, replaced by Bobo and Des Kitchings

Pruitt wins 8 or 9

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There aren't KKK rallies on campus

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

...Ok, that's one.

justingroves and IP like this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Freeze gets us to the 8 or 9 win mark, tops. He's going to beat a georgia or florida and then lose to a kentucky or a Vandy. If I'm gonna sell my soul for a slimeball coach, I want a guaranteed 10 wins and be in conference and national title mixes. Freeze does not get us there, and probably in the process is going to have everybody and their brother snooping around waiting to hammer us.

He's not worth the risk, at all.

LawVol16 and justingroves like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

On top of any allegations, warranted or not, THIS is why you don't want him.

Everybody and their brother is going to be in Knoxville digging and digging, and we all know that if you want to find something around a program, you are going to find it.

No thanks.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

No way.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The WR position hasn't been the problem. I don't see Tee going anywhere unless he wants to leave.

Ansley for Lupoi is probably a push.

Weinke can leave. But I doubt Bobo comes here for anything less than OC.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tee wants an OC job, he isn't getting here.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont see great routes or separation by our wrs, but some of that is lack of creativity by Chaney. Do we ever have those stutter juke routes vs lbs or safeties with slot wrs coming across an open middle of the field? Hell no. We dont know how to dssign them or have the route running ability, it appears.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's open guys by design, there hasn't been a quarterback go past read #1 until yesterday

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It was nice to see a qb moving his feet and scanning the field. I thought Bailey did fine and woulda taken that avg performance all year.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It beats UK, Arkansas and Auburn probably. Shrout played well too, that says a lot about how bad Guarantano is

PilotFlyingJ, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm willing to bet, barring unforeseen circumstances, Pruitt hires a big name or two and a young up an comer and wins enough his seat cools down for a year or two.

He's either going to change how the defense is called and keeps moving towards being a head coach or stay as a DC getting paid as a head coach one more year

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Right, either there's a learning curve he's going to take or he's done as a HC. 2021 will tell us a lot.

15. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

his team is surprisingly physical for one of those mid major runs like they have had.

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

well it sure isn’t the coach. Facilities, money, the town itself, it’s not Mississippi, won an sec championship in last 25 years (but you gotta go back), more sec championship game appearances, and dare I say right now...more talent

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

General consensus on Twitter is that if we lose to Vandy he’s gone. Win and he stays.

18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

High standards.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not even sure which would be better—hang around, lower the buyout, salvage a decent recruiting class, and look for a coach next year when we’re not in the middle of a pandemic? Or pay the extra millions and another year of instability in order to get a year jump on rebuild 5.0?

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If that's true, which I doubt it is, anchor down [itch bay]es.

TDVol1989 likes this.