2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

rIcK bArNeS

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Got owned by Howard.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He's just unlucky is all. Losing to 11 seed Michigan, bad luck. Losing to 12 seed Oregon State, luck not the best. Losing to 11 seed Loyola, darn tootin luck was no good. Can't be coaching having any impact, gotta be bad luck.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Was last week a great regular season or a tourney choke job?

LawVol16 and Indy like this.
  5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Chandler is what gave me unusual hope this year. I saw a lot of UConn Kemba Walker in him and the tournament run can be had with a generational PG like him. He played well....and we still lost. This one stings a little more.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That's why I don't give care to give him any slack. We have his history right in front of us. He gets paid a lot of money to do better.

7. KyleAlexanderfan

Maybe don’t let an 11 seed with 14 losses shoot 50% from the field when you’re a top 2 defensive team in the country?

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Think he's not as good as that UConn Kemba but we probably won't see another PG as good as him here for a long time.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'll take the SEC championship and move on to Football and Baseball. I had a feeling this game was going this way.

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He might be the only one I’d say played well.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Solution is you try everything and we did. We didn't stick to the same gameplan and offense all game as you insinuated. Not even close.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Too bad we don't have a big man worth a shit on the roster. Can't imagine who that responsibility would fall on.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We had a great point guard and honestly ran a really good offense for the first time I can remember under Barnes. Even when we were seemingly scoring at will three years ago, it just felt like it was Grant Williams taking us on his shoulders. This year we had ball movement, point guard play, multiple good shooters. And the result was the same.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He played better than well. The only one that can come out of that game with his head high, but he will be devastated.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We know how football is gonna go, too.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We have two who will be very good. They were both freshmen. Elite big men don’t exactly grow on trees.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

They don’t. But most good teams went out and plucked good ones from the transfer portal. Meanwhile we signed Tamba late with our last spot.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Our definitions of every are different. James could have potentially killed them from the elbow when it became clear he wasn't hitting from 3, but they kept launching. Other problem is their bigs are light years ahead of what we rolled out, and that's a recruiting issue. Never seem to have the balance at one time.

But, I can't say I didn't expect tonight. Michigan is talented. Just another disappointing March.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We tried with Tshiebwe. He went to a blue blood.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We shouldn't be banking on "will be" in a coach's seventh season. We should have SEC caliber bigs at this point. We currently have none.