2023 Spring Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jan 20, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Start getting hyped. It may be the most meaningful spring game in decades.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Great, the offseason just got longer. Can't wait to see what this team is going to become.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get the feeling that the SEC is like "wow, that sucked that the Vols had a run. Anyway..." I don't think they realize what is happening. South Carolina doesn't, for sure.

VOLinDAWGland and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The SEC is happy, it's another school that prints money

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean the other schools

warhammer and zehr27 like this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Watched the second half last night and he only had one drive. Apparently showed out in the first half, but looked pretty dang good in the limited action I saw him. I've not really watched him play much before, but he's got a quick release rocket and very mobile. I'm excited.

justingroves likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

he supposedly has already gained several lbs and looks much bigger than expected. Smoothe runner. He can spin it but has a little Milton in him at times with accuracy. Heup will mold and it’s gonna be awesome.

8. CardinalVol

Also, random note - they interviewed Troy Polamalu at one point, and it always makes me chuckle when I reconcile what kind of player he was on the field with his very passive, borderline feeble voice. If you didn't know who he was and heard him talk you would never guess he was one of the greatest safeties to play the game.

Also - he looked old. He got there in a hurry.

justingroves likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His voice has always cracked me up

10. CardinalVol

Halzle spoke with media today. I found this particular tidbit interesting, especially the first sentence when you think about that we already have at receiver -

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He also called Seldon a freak

justingroves, TDVol1989 and IP like this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m thinking we win our first 4 or 5 games then everyone else just says screw it and ends their season before they have to play us

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I want to go into the Georgia game with 1 or no losses and have that place be an absolute nut house.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Goodness gracious.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can see him getting hid as an H-back in some formations

CardinalVol likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

Maybe the strategy is get guys so fast Milton can't overthrow them.

Tenacious D, Indy, Memtownvol and 3 others like this.
  17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Return the favor in multiples of 10 for what they did to us this season (numerous false starts and missed communication due to crowd noise).

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That definitely will happen. He will do some things like Fant did this year.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This post made me legitimately laugh out loud. I can see Heup saying that in an interview.

Reporter: Coach, Joe Milton has always had a cannon, but his accuracy, specifically on throws of 40 yards or more, has improved drastically this season. What did the coaching staff do to help him improve his accuracy on deep throws so significantly?

Coach Heup: We recruited a bunch of guys who are so fast that he couldn't overthrow them if he tried.