2023 Spring Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jan 20, 2023.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Connelly has us at #6 in his SP+ rankings as of today.

Last year we started out at #9.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Still can’t believe they had us so high last year.

Looks like we’ll be roughly a TD underdog in two games and single-digit favorites in four games (Florida, Kentucky, A&M, and Missouri). This is obviously just on preseason—plenty will change as we get into the season.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is scary how optimistic I am. Just a little improvement on defense and look out.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I see 9-3/10-2

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Single digit favorite against those 4 turds is stupid.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  6. Tar Volon

We may well be double-digit favorites by the time the games happen (especially against Missouri—if we aren’t, it’s a bad sign), but three of them are on the road and Texas A&M has a ton of talent, a good D, and…surely their offense won’t be that bad again?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

TAMU is either going to be pretty good or implode, I expect Petrino to be campaigning for the head coaching job by June

VolDad, Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hell, I bet he was as soon as he stepped on campus.

justingroves likes this.
  9. Tar Volon

They’re a wild card. That and the Swamp being the Swamp are my biggest concerns outside the two obvious ones.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

A win at jorts nation ruins at least half of their season.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is it bad if I am already wondering if Ty Simpson's dad will make it down to Tuscaloosa for the Tennessee game so he can watch Josh Heupel celebrate an improved Vols defense sack his son repeatedly?

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Oregon Transfer is wearing number 11 and moves like the last guy that wore that number, just much bigger. I like it. He is going to be fun in this offense.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee is going to have an abundance of receivers again. Keyton, who is criminally underrated may be the 4th guy in.

gcbvol and zehr27 like this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Had no idea practice started

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My son will be playing tuba (sousaphone, technically) with the Pride of the Southland Band at the O/W game. He is pretty excited.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Most noticeable thing is that there is a lot more quality depth at several positions now.

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.
  17. Ssmiff

LB from Nashville evidently going to be hard to keep off the field.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Sounds like the BYU transfers are going to work out, too, as is the Oregon WR.

My underrated biggest concern is the OL. I think Darnell Wright was super underrated in his importance as an OT and will be very hard to replace. Him shutting down Will Anderson was a work of art.

TDVol1989 and Memtownvol like this.
  19. Ssmiff

I was going to mention the OL. center to RT looks good. Not sure about LG and LT

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Crawford or Mincey will be the left tackle, they were there last year. I expect the Texas transfer to end up at guard