2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

It wasn’t the rowdiest crowd/moments I’ve ever seen in Neyland, but the sheer emotion was unmatched. An 85 year old man was sitting next to me openly weeping because he didn’t think he’d ever experience a bama win again before he died. He wasn’t the only one. I won’t ever forget watching the people. It was as memorable as the moment. Everyone that didn’t go on the field just sat in their seats for 30 minutes and celebrated with their families and friends. I bet I got 1,000 calls and texts that night from people. Just hard to fathom how special that was.

Poppa T, TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bama was definitely the most satisfying win but the Clemson win did more for us then most will ever know. Huge recruiting impact.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We are perilously close to striking out on all of our top DL targets. Kamarion Franklin, who was thought at one time to be ours, is likely headed to Miami. Recruiting appears to be solid across much of the board, but OT and interior DL have had a lot of strikeouts.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Fat guys don't want to play 130 plays a game

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Get enough of em in and they won’t

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Garner is old school. Some of these kids can’t handle old school. They need to be coddled, comforted, and not yelled at

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Garner will get the players we need to win a championship. He knows what he wants and I trust him 100%

warhammer and IP like this.
  8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

There's always the portal

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, coaches like him have the recipe to make good players great.

zehr27 and warhammer like this.
  10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Yep unfortunately you just gotta accept that with Rodney. In his second stint at Auburn they were just ok for several years and then bam his guys are whipping everybody’s asses, including #1 UGA and Alabama. But the guys he can do that with aren’t dime a dozen. The ones that fit though will fully buy in from the beginning.

11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

If you could take the best parts of Rodney Garner and Tracy Rocker and merge them you’d have a DL coach worth PAC 10 head coach money.

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  12. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

It’s concerning losing recruiting battles in the trenches, but I’m less worried about it in the transfer portal era. Georgia can’t hang onto all of these tackles in the long run. Guys we had good relationships with like mauigoa may come available if Miami doesn’t take a big step forward this season. And D-line prospects will appreciate Rodney garner a lot more after a few years of experience I would imagine. The culture that’s being built is great for what college football is becoming.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This one is looking like us.

10SEvols and warhammer like this.
  14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My guess is he looks way more athletic than all of us.

TDVol1989 and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

5* WR Mike Mathews just committed

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Heck yes

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Tennessee is a lock for 4* LB Edwin Spillman who is committing on Friday. Also in good shape for 4* Cai Bates who is announcing next week.

Memtownvol and 10SEvols like this.
  19. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

This guy has some serious ball skills. We just need the beef. We need the linemen both sides. But Matthews is incredibly talented

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Torn between “wow this is huge” and “there is literally no position where I am less concerned about our ability to recruit.”

Memtownvol likes this.