2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We will be absolutely loaded with WRs for the foreseeable future.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

2024 could be the best class in UT history.

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

#10 overall player in the whole class.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A lot of elite 2024 guys rushed the field after Alabama

5. Unimane

From what I understand, there is a very tight core of guys in that group, too.

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

It needs to be. If all goes well that’s the foundational class for building the depth that elite programs have.

Memtownvol, A-Smith and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Transfers will make building that elite depth easier as well.

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

2023 class will be good as well, not as good on paper as 2024 but quality and quantity. We should be a transfer magnet.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. Unimane

We were inquiring abour Jamyhr Gibbs. Imagine if this team had that guy. We should be more attractive to those type of players now.

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

they all rushed the field together vs Bama. Pretty damn good bond building experience

justingroves likes this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Why would you not want to play RB for this offense if you are an elite RB prospect?

A) We run the ball a shit ton.

B) Majority of the time you'll be running against a non-stacked box because everyone on defense is forced to hang out by numbers worrying about our WRs.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We are a run oriented offense who happens to be really good at the throw game.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We are opening some big holes when TE comes in short motion. You have to have quick feet and make quick decisions as an rb in this system. Not as much time compared to sitting in the I or pistol and see it open up like an old school UT running game. Imo that’s a factor, but also there have to be rb recruits who have it in their heads we don’t run the ball. They may not check stats or have other schools telling them rb is too hard in our system. Have to be reasons why. Kid who went to Louisville was killing it but didn’t like the system, among other issues.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

16. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

At UT for not running a pro style offense. I bet he was told to say that. Bama be scared.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it is shade, I can't tell with these sunglasses on.

OneForVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I don’t see how anything he said could possibly be interpreted as having anything to do with UT.

Article said he chose Bama over Georgia and LSU, so we weren’t even in the picture.

And credit where it’s due, Bama is as prolific as any program in the country for putting offensive skill players in the NFL, so I can see why recruits would make the correlation.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

You are probably right, but it seems kinda odd he would go out of his way to say that he is choosing Bama due to its pro style offense. Just not something most kids say in their selection speech. However, I’m going to choose he is ‘throwing shade’ at us because [uck fay] him and Bama.

20. Unimane

Boo Carter's mom regularly posting on the other site. Moms on those boards, especially that one, never seems to work out very well. Sure enough, it's turning into a shit show this morning.