2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As someone who couldn't give two shits about recruiting until they get on campus, as I am not going to hang on the every word of some 17 year old kid that doesn't know there is no such thing a as hard and soft commitment, what do schools do to "close"?

I mean, you can only call so many times a day, say I love you so many times. Are we talking straight cash, homey?

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

if guys would rather be at Colorado and South Carolina, playing for clowns like Deion and Beamer, then I’d be less concerned about our ability to close and more concerned with our inability to evaluate intelligence in the kids we’re recruiting. Clearly we’re targeting idiots.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We were never actually leading.

Memtownvol, Poppa T and IP like this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We’ve got people on Twitter ready to fire Heup over Seaton and not landing every available transfer yet

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya i don't think everyone has caught up to what it all means yet. We were used to generate eyeballs and noise. It's been CU ever since his top 6 took them "out"

zehr27 likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

We are wild and wonderful

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Apparently it’s racist for a black kid to want to play for a black head coach now?

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

You've got to consistently keep yourself ahead of the pack or else these younger kids will see you as no different than the rest of the pack. Had Tennessee in '23 made an effort to play the same brand of football that we saw in the first two years, I believe that we'd be doing considerably better. Instead, we spent all season with our primary focus being on making Joe a thing.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't think propping up a shitty QB will be much of a thing for us going forward, though. It might, I suppose. But, the talent is coming for that position.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. NorrisAlan

If that is your only reason, yeah.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We have a certain culture now. We will miss out on some studs on the field. Studs that buy into bullshit and don’t have anybody worth a shit pointing it out to them. Is what it is. Player who wants to show watches to students and talk shit daily while going 4-8 probably not a good fit in our culture.
    Heup cares in a way about his players that Deion doesn’t. Prime all about the cash. Heup isn’t.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I can believe that.

I am with Norris, until they are signed and on site.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Still doesn't make it racist. Stupid, but not racist.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

If a white player wants to go to a school because the coach is white? I am not trying to play any kind of tribal stuff here, honest. But I believe if it was said a different way by someone else, it would come across as pretty ugly. Imho

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It would damn near end a white players career if it was the other way around, which is a helluva double standard. Still don't think it's racist.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Deon Sanders ... the prime driver behind the saying, "Act like you been there."

He's a salesman for sure.

17. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Then we have a lot of people that need to get a [uck fay]ing life.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Prime posted a pic of him with a big fish yesterday and at the time I kinda wondered.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It is most definitely racist. It is just the accepted racism. We've become numb to it.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What's racist about it?