2024 Recruiting Class Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Oct 16, 2022.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree. I'm not saying they are bad or won't put up pretty good numbers next year, but there's nothing resembling elite there at present.

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

In my mind you should still have a solid running game and you’ll have a QB that can deliver the ball. So whatever increase in talent there is, the increase in productivity should exceed it.

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The fact that I can't tell if this is tongue in cheek made me laugh out loud.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Mike Matthews is probably the best WR we have ever landed. Ja'Marr Chase type guy. I think he will be a day one starter.

emainvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They added a 700 yard receiver in the portal and a 5 star from Georgia

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Holden Staes and Ethan Davis are going to be productive receiving tight ends too

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just want to give my stamp of approval to this sentiment. I'm gonna hype, but you are wise to just wait and see.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Brazzell had more catches in 4 games than Thornton had in his career, they aren't comparable

utvol0427 and emainvol like this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Webb has elite speed and I’ve seen him do things on film you can’t teach. He might not get there in college but he’s got the potential

zehr27 likes this.
  10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Logic and restraint aren’t any fun though. Your heart can’t get broken any worse than it already has been. Hype with reckless abandon I say. Moderation is for cowards.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

And Iowa had a top five defense in college football.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, I [uck fay]ing will.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Look, I don't think it's a bad group. They certainly have a chance at becoming elite, but nothing from this season really pointed toward it. As far as transfers and freshmen, when they get here and look collectively like the second coming of Gault, Pickens, Price, Nash, Kent, Hyatt, and so on, please call me out on it. I'd love nothing more for them to be great, but I'm not going to accept that blindly before they step on campus. There are more Kenny O'Neals out there than Cordorelle Pattersons.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah I don’t get the “loaded” talk. Bru was limited and may not be as good as before. Squirrel could probably be thrown 30+ yards by Joe Milton. The rest have shown next to nothing, Thornton included.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thornton was an unproven guy with great athletic ability, Brazzell is the son of an NFL player that's a proven college talent. It's not a smart comparison.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

And, we had a Superbowl winning quarterback's son at one point. He may be great, but my apologies if I sip rather than chug the Kool Aid.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Some of the problem was Milton. I think Nico will make the group look much better next year. Anyone that watched him in the bowl game could see he actually had the ability to go through his reads and didn't stare receivers down. That alone will help a ton.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Matthews isn't starting day one

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, mainly cause there isn't a Cordorelle Patterson.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's no kool aid chugging going on, I'm pointing out a productive receiver being compared to a nobody with measurables is a dumb comparison.

The Giants won a Super Bowl with Jeff Hostetler too, I wouldn't give the Simms family tree too much praise

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    PilotFlyingJ likes this.