22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

That one was ridiculous

Tar Volon likes this.
  2. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He gave fans what they wanted. A sitting P6 coach. Our fans think any mid major hire is garbage. Look at how they reacted to Heupel.

I don’t envy Danny White when the day does come that Barnes hangs it up. I’ve seen people seriously believing he will be able to poach Sean Miller or even Scott Drew.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

true but one can help the other. If you have to close out hard worries about me pulling up, it’s going to be easier to get by you. That’s what happened to us too often. 4 wide on the 3 pt line leaves a lot of room to work. Think they ended up with 8 players shooting a 3.
    Have to admit it would be a fun offense to have with that many players capable and ready to shoot. We’ve got JJj and santi. The rest aren’t capable and ready at the same time often enough.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He did that 15-20 years ago over a 5 year stretch in a 36 year head coaching career. He sucks in March.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Too bad we passed on James Naismith inventing basketball in Tennessee.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hart knew Barnes very well, it's the only reason he was able to hire him.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Danny's sport is basketball, he'll hire a good coach when the time comes

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd only be half shocked if we did.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Got to say one of his coaches has developed quite a blemish though.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oh yeah

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Sean Miller would come here.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

No he wouldn’t. And we would never consider him anyway because of his violations at Arizona. We won’t gamble on any more coaches with checkered pasts after getting burned on Tyndall.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He has a good relationship with Billy Donovan. I bet he makes a run at him quietly when the time comes if things align right.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I definitely don't think we would go after him but I am confident we could hire him if we wanted.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I like Billy. That'd be great.

18. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

He’s probably not staying at Xavier forever and bluebloods are going to pass on him now.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Ole Miss just hired a wife beater so passing on Sean Miller in the NIL era because of paying players at Az would be dumb.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Whenever we end up hiring another coach, I just want another cocky SOB like Vitello and Heupel.