22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Can he even get NIL deals? I know he can get them and donate all funds to charities and such. And Tshiebwe got some shit worked out for himself to get paid but it was still a roadblock for every other international student-athlete.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

IMO get NIL deals under the name “Bob.”

warhammer likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Oliver has entered the transfer portal.

Guessing he didn't have an invite to return.

zehr27 likes this.
  4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I did not see that coming.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I did. He has frustrated Barnes for the last time.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The general consensus on Twitter is surprise. I’m surprised people are surprised

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Meh. I just don’t see how you could let him or Uros return. Even JJJ not sure id want back. Damaging to the roster long term since you’d have to run off some young guys you may not want to.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hope he lands somewhere that can get something resembling what we saw against Duke/Texas out of him consistently.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want guys who are hungry.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m sure neither he nor Barnes wanted another year of yelling, man to man talks and frustrations on both ends. Sometimes you have to move on to getting young guys ready to play.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Barnes may have helped him make his decision

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Underfed boys and top-notch UV protection. Generating quite a list of recruiting desiderata today.

Ssmiff and IP like this.
  13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'd be more upset if he showed up to more than 3 games this year. Hopefully he goes somewhere that can positively impact his play. I wouldn't wish the BHH Louisville experience on anyone.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Been scouting St. Jude's for some in-state prospects

15. Ssmiff

When he got rattled, it went south. He had to try to guard smaller vs FAU then let their quickness affect his ability to post strong and not fade. Then on a couple rebounds, he watches them in the air and hit the ground 3 feet in front of him.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He will want to go to Division 2 if he wants those results consistently.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He did and that tells me Barnes still wants to try and win big. I was hoping he was going to make the right call our roster situation and it appears he is going to.

IP likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

No offense at all to ON, but it just wasn't working out. Maybe it will somewhere else. He has a lot of potential.

I think Barnes needs to look for guys with more dog in them, that are still willing to take his coaching on defense but won't then go on autopilot on offense.

zehr27 likes this.
  19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. ON like most of this year's roster are role players. We need to keep some and go get some leaders. Guys that want the ball when it matters.

20. Ssmiff

Yeah as you watch other teams they have multiple guys with the look and body language you want. Dillione will bring some. Mashack, Uros and Santi the only offensive players with that in them and all are limited in some way. I look forward to watching FAU as they have several players with the look and ability.