22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The number of people who are totally ok if not wanting the Super Seniors to return is outstanding.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is what it is.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m over Uros and Nkamouah. A healthy JJJ if that existed would probably be good. Santi is welcome with open arms.

Indy, A-Smith, IP and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’d take santi, jjj and Olivier back. Think some people are just ready to see something different and what the new guys can do. Santi hard to replace. He was a complete player and our best and too often only threat.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Pretty much agree, though Nkamhoua has been so streaky that I’d be half-tempted to take him back and see whether he can ever find an actual groove in what would only be his second season as a starter. But I also won’t really cry if he’s gone.

Uros can do some good things, but he absolutely can’t keep himself under control. I know we want an alpha on this team, but Uros trying to be the alpha will hurt us more than it helps us, and he’s good for a few flagrants per season.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If one of Santi, Uros or Olivier returns I bet they all do. They all room together and are best buds.

7. Ssmiff

It was a 4 pt game when they got us running ragged again for an open 3, then the dumb elbow, 2 shots and the ball. Quite a turn of events.

8. Ssmiff

they have to be invited as well. Sometimes it is best to move on and let younger guys like Awoka develop. They can only get better in games with experience. But with ON it’s tough. Skilled player. Good athlete. Overthinks too much and late to react too often. Had to be benched yesterday due to lack of focus and intensity. That gets old.

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We don’t have room for all of them to return. We are currently at 15 guys for next year and have to get down to 13.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

FAU has as many Elite 8 appearances as we do. And this is their second tourney appearance. Basketball is weird.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m sure it drove Barnes nuts. You know what that guy can do and you want to utilize him but you just never can count on him

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That makes me think they all move on then. They are pretty tight.

13. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I’m with smifff and IP on this one. If we can’t coach JJJ to drive to the hoop and Uros/Nkamhoua to give us consistent decent post play in 4 years, let ‘em walk.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

JJJ isn't healthy enough to attack the rim. He had roughly 10x fewer blocks per game this year than any of his first three. No explosiveness. Granted, attacking the rim wasn't something he did consistently any of those years either.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Gotta think that loss stung extra bad for old Dr Danny. Getting beat by your little brothers school by a coach that got the job because of his big brothers recommendation has to burn a bit. Thanksgiving should be fun.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It sucks but I'm over it. SC from November still stings.

utvol0427 likes this.
  17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Basilio says he had heard that the only guy welcome to return is Vescovi. There was a rumor on VN a while back that said he bought a house in Knoxville, so we will see.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Put me in the move on group. I don’t want any of the 4 back. I wish them all the best in all their endeavors, just not in Knoxville.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Bought a house in Knoxville. I've heard this story before.

TennTradition likes this.
  20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I’m not pushing a first team All SEC guy out if he wants back.

The other three, yeah, I could take or leave.

justingroves, Tar Volon and zehr27 like this.