22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Coors for me; back when you couldn't get it east of the Mississippi.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

As bad as Heineken is, Carlsberg is worse, it’s like the same style with worse execution

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Friend just launched a new beer called Gratis. Just 4 ingredients. Some old school German way to brew. 6% and better with an orange.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't imagine a worse name for something you want to sell.

5. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

If you have to add a slice of fruit to it then I’m out.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is that like a vampire with garlic thing for you?

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

*raises hand*

8. Ssmiff

coulda just been me. I don’t drink a lot of beer anymore. Outside of Shinerbock or Gerst, none of it tastes great to me.

OneForVol likes this.
  9. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Nah, I just prefer my beers bitter. Not a fan of the citrus flavor in some beers.

I used to drink the shit out of light beers like Miller Lite and Bud light, but started getting horrible headaches, especially during the day. I switched over to pale ales and IPAs and haven’t looked back.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I too like my beer like I like women. Bubbly on the outside but bitter or sour on the inside

OneForVol likes this.
  11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Easily if we just drop one more. We have two top ten teams on the schedule and a home-and-away with a top 15 Auburn. Go 3-1 there, win the rest, and win the conference tournament and it’s hard to question. That’s a tall order though.

12. Ssmiff

Crazy there are people talking about this being the best team of all time. Statistically. Shows you kinda how we haven’t been all that much of a hoops school outside of a few patches.
    Grant Williams team was good but you look at key players were 3*. They overachieved winning 30 games.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't quite get using stats as the basis for that kind of determination. Different schedules and all that.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Will Warren the stats guy made the claim last night that this is the best UT team he’s ever watched. Dozens of fans jumped his ass for it. I don’t get why it’s such an offensive claim though.

The 2019 team almost lost to Vandy who went winless in conference play. It isn’t crazy to think this team could win a hypothetical matchup. This team may not have the top end talent that one did, but this team has more depth and plays much better defense. It’s hard to see this team letting a random white guy from Purdue turn into Steph Curry for a night.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don’t care if they got bounced in the 16 the 08 team is still the best for now IMO.

Up for discussion if this team keeps winning though.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

This team isn’t always easy on the eye, and man they can drop a stinker. I think a couple of games linger in fans’ nostrils.

but when they’re on, I don’t think it’s a ridiculous claim even if I’m not ready to say I agree with it

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If Lofton doesn't get cancer, they are unquestionably the best.

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yep. They weren’t ever completely healthy. I’m not sure the 2007 team wasn’t playing just as well come March as the 2008 team.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Prepare yourself for Alabama to be ranked number 1

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Getting that Butler team in the second round and then Louisville in the 16 was another fine effort at seeding by the committee