23 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 2, 2023.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That’s a short list.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bragging about screwing up is about the most referee thing you can do

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Don’t think the whistle was blown anyway.
    Edit just watched again and whistle was not blown until he crossed the line, nor did the ref come in waving his arms until the ball crossed the line.

IP likes this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was awful

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

These facts are seared into my memory because all of the explanations on why it wasn't reviewable and overturned literally were not true.

justingroves likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

I can actually see where a ref could blow the whistle and call forward progress. it’s tough to call a play dead in that situation if the ball carrier isn’t down or being pushed backwards.
    That said, ref called it dead after he crossed the line, which should make it reviewable. The whistle either blows the play dead or it doesn’t.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

They said it was because he had determined it dead (in his head) but hadn’t actually blown the whistle yet and it’s not necessarily when the whistle is blown in those situations.

justingroves likes this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Meh. Sure it was infuriating in the moment and we certainly got screwed over. However I couldn't be more over it by this point. Besides, that bowl game was merely a glorified scrimmage. As far as I'm concerned having one less ugly-ass gaudy Music City Bowl trophy cluttering up our trophy room isn't the end of the world. Purdue can have at it enjoying that worthless award as a centerpiece to their trophy shelf along with their embarrassing 1st round March Madness defeat a few months ago.

Adding a beautiful glass bowl filled with Oranges to our illustrious trophy room instead this following bowl season was a lot cooler.

TDVol1989 and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Purdue fans are quick to mention the illegal assist. If they called the touchdown correctly and also called the penalty we should’ve at least gotten another shot at it and no one was stopping anyone.

11. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Not to mention beating that fraud orange team with a Gump head coach.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have never gotten over anything.

TDVol1989, PilotFlyingJ and OneForVol like this.
  13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've not set foot in Nissan Stadium since the MCB clock stoppage fiasco against UNC. That whole city can burn for all I care.

justingroves likes this.
  14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The UNC MCB coat hanger abortion was infinitely more painful and maddening. We got screwed over so bad by an egregious oversight lacking in the rule book. UNC only penalized 5 freaking yards while also being gifted a free extra play afterwards for spiking the ball when nobody was even set except for the center/QB was insanity. Hell, the entire sport of college football literally implemented a common sense 10 second clock run-off rule moving forward as a direct result of that robbery. How there wasn't already already a NFL-like 10 second run off rule at the time was criminal.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

*plane flies into Batman building*

Me - Well, they wanted to be a big boy city. I guess they are now.

16. Ssmiff

I saw a UNC drunk guy run his mouth in the face of a UT fan and regretted it quickly.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I realize this isn’t a baseball thread but we need to never lose to this comical institution at anything ever again

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Stetson F. Bennett went to college for 7 years and got 0 degrees

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Stetson F. Bennett the FOURTH, thank you very much.

warhammer and justingroves like this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I went to the Stones concert in 2021. That was my first and only trip since then. That mess burned me up. I was just drunk enough to cuss a mouthy UNC fan in front of his young son and watch him wither in the moment.